projector retro question
Show off your custom retrofit, interior lights, backup cameras, or head units! We want to see how you wired your electronics up! Sponsored by TheRetrofitSource

teezythakidd

projector retro question

by teezythakidd » January 17th, 2015

i really can't wait until it gets a little bit warmer out so i can do my retro. and other stuff. like the roof wrap and the LED strips in the footwells. truthfully, i don't want BIX i just want low-beam projectors.. i wouldn't mind getting BIX though. i use my high beams often.. kinda need them since i live and work in a metropolitan area and fellow drivers and peds need some sort of signal to get them to move the hell out of the way or make use of their right of way lol.

my main question is, can i use "any" projector? like.. obviously there are people that have done a morimoto retro.. ls460.. rx.. i've seen the results of a bmw projector retro.. and so on. i guess that answers my question? lol. i wouldn't mind getting a new lens/glass for it if necessary though, like a lot of people recommend (like the STI clear lens.. or whatever). my next question is will i have to buy new bulbs respective to the projector i ultimately decide to use? or do they all screw in the same way?

s/n: TRS has a few closeout deals that catch my eye! so.... could i use G37 BIX projectors? lol.. they're cheap.. i have a few friends with G37s, and the cutoff is pretty impressive IMO.
BIX highs + the reflector highs would be insane. lol.. would be great driving in the country too (i visit family in NC every couple of months or so)

G37 BIX: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/closeo ... LljbMZHbjI
"Information is not knowledge." – Albert Einstein

@ccord10

Re: projector retro question

by @ccord10 » January 20th, 2015

you can still use bix projectors, you just dont need to hook up the high beam function. if this is your first retrofit i would suggest mini H1's since they're easier to retrofit and if you decide you want to use the high beams you still have that option.

teezythakidd

by teezythakidd » January 20th, 2015

thanks for the follow-up! it's simpler than I thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teezythakidd

but theoretically, I could use pretty much any pair of projectors right?

@ccord10

yes, you can use any bix or low beam projector but they will probably require more modification to the reflector and will be harder to aim if your not experienced at it. check out hidplanet.com there is alot of good information there that will help you make your decision easier.

teezythakidd

projector retro question

solid.. thanks, man! I may just end up going with the H1s though. been doing a lot of research on them lately anyway. I think I'm gonna get the TSX-R lens for them too! the TSX-R cutoff is amazing.. a lot more colorful than the H1 stocks. what do you think?

@ccord10

the stock lenses are already clear and if you adjust them right you can get alot of color out of them. if you search on hid planet there are lots of threads on adjusting the cutoff color.

teezythakidd

by teezythakidd » January 21st, 2015

oh shoot, okay cool!