Sedan retrofit number 2
Show off your custom retrofit, interior lights, backup cameras, or head units! We want to see how you wired your electronics up! Sponsored by TheRetrofitSource

infinite012

Sedan retrofit number 2

by infinite012 » December 16th, 2014

First post on this forum. I've cross-posted this on DA and HIDPlanet (much more active on hidp).

Car: 2010 Honda Accord LX sedan
Headlights: OEM with turn signal amber plastic piece removed - amber turn signal bulb installed
Projectors: G37 sedan bixenon with STI-R clear lens, modified secondary shield (bent out of the way), cereal box spacers installed for MOAR COLOR!
Bulbs: Osram 66240CBI
Shrouds: Apollo 1.0

I got bored with the TSX retrofit that I had completed for the Accord a year ago and I wanted to get back to having bixenons. I found a pair of G37 sedan bixenons for sale in TRS's closeout section for $50, picked up STI-R clear lenses and shrouds with the order and had my way with my OEM headlights. Here's what the TSX retrofitted headlights looked like:

Output wasn't spectacular since I didn't really pay attention to the aiming of the lights before epoxying them in place. I also didn't color mod since I didn't know I had to space the lens (the last time I had TSX projectors, everybody was spacing the shield or bowl halves):

So, onto bigger and better things! TSX have 2.5" lens, G37 has 3" lens - I don't need shroud centric rings. I probably should have used some epoxy to hold the shrouds on the G37s, though...

I mounted the G37s using a modified JnC mount; the JnC mounting method somewhat requires a flat bottomed reflector for the bolts to go through and for the self-locking nuts to sit on. Since the Accord has round reflectors, I had to create my own flat areas using corner brackets epoxied to the reflector.

And after some finagling of the brackets, I got this:

And here's a gif of the low beam only, then the low beams + bixenon + OEM halogen high beams:

coolblue

Re: Sedan retrofit number 2

by coolblue » December 16th, 2014

Welcome to our8thgens

I saw your thread on HIDplanet :) ... Very Nicee man.. Love the cutoff..
Honda Accord Coupe EX-L I4
Belize Blue Pearl
Instagram • kulblue
Build Thread • CoolBlue™
FaceBook • CoolBlue™

infinite012

by infinite012 » December 16th, 2014

Thanks. I think the passenger side needs to be rotated CCW a couple degrees. It's either out of rotation or there is some bowing at the edges of the cutoff.

teezythakidd

by teezythakidd » December 17th, 2014

i knew i recognized that gif! amazing retrofit, man. welcome to O8G!
"Information is not knowledge." – Albert Einstein

infinite012

by infinite012 » December 17th, 2014

I had the (dis)pleasure of leaving work tonight at 8pm, so it was pitch black out. I am really pleased with how these came out. The low beams provide more distance than the TSXs and also have a hell of a lot more color.