Sourcing Sedan LED Tail Lights and Trunk Lights
Show off your custom retrofit, interior lights, backup cameras, or head units! We want to see how you wired your electronics up! Sponsored by TheRetrofitSource

mcbtay
Site Admin

Sourcing Sedan LED Tail Lights and Trunk Lights

by mcbtay » November 16th, 2014

A lot of the sedan owners are running different types of tail lights. There's only a few different versions, but it seems like there were quite a few companies making them when I sourced mine.

As far as my LED taillights, I bought those off of a member from another forum. As far as I know, they're Eagle Eyes. They have Eagle Eyes stamped into the lenses. With this in mind, since I still needed to source the trunk lights. I just had to have Eagle Eyes brand-wise. :roll: I just remember all of the sedan guys seeming to lean towards getting Eagle Eyes way back when, so that's what I decided to go with.

When I was in the market, finding the actual brand Eagle Eyes on eBay was pretty difficult. I had to finally resort to ordering them from http://eagleeyes-asia.com/. While this was a pretty good way to get the brand I wanted, the shipping from Malaysia + customs actually ended up costing more than the lights themselves. If you have to resort to ordering from the listed site, you will have to create an account. Also, their English isn't the best, so communication was a little difficult at times. But overall, I had a great experience buying from them, and if I absolutely had to, I would again.

Here's two shots:
IMG_20140718_183647.jpg

IMG_20140929_081250.jpg

Where did you guys get your stuff? Is it really any better/worse than Eagle Eyes?

DOOM

Re: Sourcing Sedan LED Tail Lights and Trunk Lights

by DOOM » November 17th, 2014

eagle eyes has been considered the brand to get, but honestly they are all probably made in the same chinese factory. i don't know this for certain but i'd guess that EE developed the traditional dot led tails for our cars and the identical non-EE (non-brand name actually) lights came from ghost shift production runs. the best approach is probably to message ebay sellers or focus on listings that specify the lights as EE.

EE is still trying to bounce back after they lost a big case: http://www.law360.com/articles/387252/e ... ixing-case
Summer: 20" Vossen CV3/Conti | Winter: 19" Genesis Track/GMax | BC Coilovers/SPC | Mugen Kit | Modulo Face | Sarona Roof | Hex Mini/FXR/Fogs Retrofits | Inspire OEM Mirrors/Garnish | Eagle Eyes Trunk/Tails | Full LED | UltraGauge | Takeda | JET MAF | Magnaflow | SprintBooster | UR/Progress | EBC | Duralast Gold | Next: RV6 J-Pipe