How much deadening for Sedan?
Show off your custom retrofit, interior lights, backup cameras, or head units! We want to see how you wired your electronics up! Sponsored by TheRetrofitSource

Brian

How much deadening for Sedan?

by Brian » November 15th, 2014

Currently gathering parts for my Audio upgrade and would like to deadening my two front doors, I already have my trunk deadening. Was wondering how many square feet I will need for each door?

mcbtay
Site Admin

Re: How much deadening for Sedan?

by mcbtay » November 18th, 2014

I'd be interested in knowing too. How much did you use for the trunk? I have no deadening in mine.

Brian

by Brian » November 19th, 2014

mcbtay wrote:I'd be interested in knowing too. How much did you use for the trunk? I have no deadening in mine.

I bought a 5 square feet pack from GT Sound Control on eBay and cover up my whole trunk lid.

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » November 19th, 2014

Brian wrote:
mcbtay wrote:I'd be interested in knowing too. How much did you use for the trunk? I have no deadening in mine.

I bought a 5 square feet pack from GT Sound Control on eBay and cover up my whole trunk lid.

Oh okay, you only deadened the lid? Any reason you didn't deaden the bottom and sides?

vinnydho

by vinnydho » November 19th, 2014

I used 200 sq ft of 80mil in all 4 doors, floor, under the rear seat, trunk, and lid. Double on the doors and floor. 550lbs good sir
UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Brian

mcbtay wrote:
Brian wrote:

Oh okay, you only deadened the lid? Any reason you didn't deaden the bottom and sides?

Because my license plate was rattling and it was $15 so why not right? LOL it helped a lot.

Brian

vinnydho wrote:I used 200 sq ft of 80mil in all 4 doors, floor, under the rear seat, trunk, and lid. Double on the doors and floor. 550lbs good sir

Damn, I don't need that much and that sure sounds like a lot. I only want to do my two front doors.

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » November 19th, 2014

Brian wrote:Because my license plate was rattling and it was $15 so why not right? LOL it helped a lot.

Fair enough :)

Brian wrote:Damn, I don't need that much and that sure sounds like a lot. I only want to do my two front doors.

LOL I was thinking "okay so 200 sq feet is way more than I need" haha

vinnydho

by vinnydho » November 20th, 2014

I also added MLV to shield out the sound from the outside. The cliché deadening is called CLD and the other that keeps audio within the car is CCF. I say 100 sq ft is sufficient for the whole car. If just 2 doors and, do 50 Sq ft at 60 or 80 mil. The lil extra you can do the trunk lid or the rear decklid that rattles in our cars.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION