Media Center w/ OEM Navigation
Show off your custom retrofit, interior lights, backup cameras, or head units! We want to see how you wired your electronics up! Sponsored by TheRetrofitSource

korrupt3dazn

Media Center w/ OEM Navigation

by korrupt3dazn » October 31st, 2014

I wanted to be able to play video and music with the OEM Navigation system to accomplish that I bought the NavTool unit
but that only allowed me a video input. I purchased a Micca MPLAY-HD 1080p Full-HD Digital Media Player.
I chose this because it only requires 5volts to run and can easily be modded to work in our cars.
To convert the 12 volt from our car I bought a 12v to 5v converter. I spliced the 12 volt input side into the cigarette lighter.
Since the Media Player is going to be tucked into the dash it will make the remote useless.
So I bought an IR extender, what this basically does is just relays the IR signal to a remote location.
You mount the receiver where ever you want and the transmitter side directly on the media player.
I then cut the end off the AC power adapter end and the spliced it into the 5v output on the converter.
I also wired the IR extender into the 5 volt output as well. Then Shrink tube it to make it look pretty.

Here is a picture of the unit all wired up and ready to be installed in the car. I added some notations to help explain it further.

korrupt3dazn

Re: Media Center w/ OEM Navigation

by korrupt3dazn » November 26th, 2014

So I updated this agian by adding an HDMI to RCA covertor. Then Installed a Miracast dongle onto it. The results of this is below.