OEM Brakes upgrade
Bags, coilover, and springs. Need rotors or pads? Want to do a BBK conversion?

mikeyblu

Re: OEM Brakes upgrade

by mikeyblu » December 2nd, 2014

one of my favorite upgrades was the powerstop EXTREME WARRIOR kit brake upgrade. made a big difference in braking power and the kit is like 150 from amazaon and it includes pads, cross drilled/slotted rotors zinc plated and new caliper brackets. it looks awesome and cheap, what more do you want lol

milmast

by milmast » December 3rd, 2014

mikeyblu wrote:one of my favorite upgrades was the powerstop EXTREME WARRIOR kit brake upgrade. made a big difference in braking power and the kit is like 150 from amazaon and it includes pads, cross drilled/slotted rotors zinc plated and new caliper brackets. it looks awesome and cheap, what more do you want lol

Throw up a link of them please :) never heard of em before
Static Black Accord Coupe
Image milmast YouTube => http://goo.gl/1BsLa9
Image milmast Instagram => http://goo.gl/8MWPBK

datkidfromTO

by datkidfromTO » December 18th, 2014

Alright so I just did a photoshoot for someone who recommended looking into Max Brakes. They look pretty good esp for the price I just wanna make sure the dimensions are correct before I order them

Front:

Rear:
IG: @datkidfromTO

2008 Accord Sedan i4 EX-L w/ Nav

mr_cv3

by mr_cv3 » January 19th, 2015

Anyone suggest a low brake dust setup

Bigwilly

by Bigwilly » January 19th, 2015

EBC Redstuff are low dust pads

milmast

by milmast » January 19th, 2015

mr_cv3 wrote:Anyone suggest a low brake dust setup

Akebone has some very nice pads that emit ZERO dust!! My buddy with a BMW 325Ci has them on his ride and he went from OEM pads that make more dust than a wood saw, to the Akebono's. He fell in love with them!
Static Black Accord Coupe
Image milmast YouTube => http://goo.gl/1BsLa9
Image milmast Instagram => http://goo.gl/8MWPBK

ricerocket

by ricerocket » January 21st, 2015

mr_cv3 wrote:Anyone suggest a low brake dust setup

Akebono pro act pads

teezythakidd

by teezythakidd » January 23rd, 2015

what would you guys suggest for a replacement? not so much an upgrade but a replacement... like i'm not going racing or anything lmao. brakes i have on are good and all that but braking from high speeds produces "the shaking" that i'm sure we're all familiar with...... and they do this weird little "woo woo..." when i'm braking during general driving (in the city.. etc) and its not a droning "woo woo..." its fragmented but consistent, like there's a certain part on each rotor that's no good and makes the noise when it comes in contact with the pads. its annoying. and embarrassing.

rather, have any of you guys gotten your brakes done at a honda dealership? how much did it cost? i just want my front pads and rotors replaced.. if anything just the pads but i feel like the rotors should get gone too. my rears are good. fronts are too friggin' noisy.
"Information is not knowledge." – Albert Einstein

AccordinglyTuned

by AccordinglyTuned » February 3rd, 2015

I got StopTech slotted rotors and ceramic pads and they're awesome, no brake fade for the casual normal driving, even spirited driving.....unless you're a very agressive spirit driver then they do fade once you go beyond that point. I have cooked my brakes once while going really agressive for a good 20 minutes or so. When they cooled down within 10 minutes of parking they felt normal again.

I think I spent somewhere around 400 for the kit on autoanything.