My Bag Install
Bags, coilover, and springs. Need rotors or pads? Want to do a BBK conversion?

YoLowAccord

My Bag Install

by YoLowAccord » October 30th, 2014

Hey Guys,

My name is Peter. Im driving a 2010 Accord Sedan, and am currently putting together my first air ride kit for this season. Here is my car as it sat last season on BC coilovers

Im going to be running the following setup. Still sourcing parts to it's subject to change a bit, but this is where I'm at:

E-level rocker switch
I-Level (iPad mini in-dash)
VU4 Manifold
Airtekk struts
Specialty Suspension seamless 5 gallon tank
Viair 400c

Here's where i'm at so far:

Decided to to a dry fit of all my fittings to make sure it's all going to work how i think it will

With everything looking ok, I began to fabricate a mount for the manifold:

Cut a piece of 1/8"x1.5" aluminum stock to fit under the tank mounts

Laid out the location of the manifold and marked the mounting holes

Used a countersink to allow the machine screws to sit flush on the back of the bracket

Here's how the completed bracket looks with the manifold mounted:

Now on to my favorite part so far (not). Polishing the tank!

No real in-progress pics here, but here are my pics at about halfway through the polishing process.

This is 400/800/1000 grit wetsanding so far. I still need to wetsand up to 2500 grit and polish it out to see where i'm at, but i'm happy with it so far. I have about 5 hours into it at this point, and i'd say im about halfway done. Still undecided if i'm going to paint the brackets (black) or polish them as well.

I'm still learning as i go along, so please let me hear any feedback you guys have so far. Next steps are to finish polishing the tank, work on some simple hardlines, and get the tank and fittings all sealed up and pressure tested. My air struts are being built right now and will be ready in a few weeks. Hoping to get this thing on the ground by mid March.

Thanks for reading!

YoLowAccord

Re: My Bag Install

Got a bunch more parts in today...

Powdercoated tank and manifold brackets

Got my E-Level Rocker Switch system today from Bag Riders

Also got the fittings to convert my bags from 1/4 to 3/8 line

Progress lately has consisted of completing the polishing of the tank, and building a false floor to mount everything too. I didnt take too many pics, but here's what I got...

Tonight, I was able to get the tank, manifold and ECU mounted to the floor. Also laid out and installed my Swagelok bulkhead unions. Next step is to bend up and polish the aluminum hard lines.

YoLowAccord

UPDATE:

So finished bending up the hard lines the other night.

I also finished up all the other plumbing and installed the pressure sensor

After that i took it out to the car to test fit everything in the trunk and pressure test all my connections.

needless to say, it was leaking like a sieve, mostly because I was afraid to over tighten any of the fittings. I think I got everything sealed up well now though. As soon as I get a little warmer weather I'm going to start running my air lines and sensor wires to the wheel wells. Struts should be here next week hopefully!

YoLowAccord

Also just got the rocker switch for my e-level mounted today. Looking OEM, just how i like it on the inside

YoLowAccord

Finally got my bag struts in from Air Force! Getting excited now!!!

buchter24

by buchter24 » November 12th, 2014

looks good man!! i can't wait to get bags for my ride... but on another note where did you get your subwoober enclosure?
Honda Accord EX-L Sedan i4
Vip Modular VX910
IG: TheGoodBook_ter

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » November 12th, 2014

buchter24 wrote:looks good man!! i can't wait to get bags for my ride... but on another note where did you get your subwoober enclosure?

That's the Wicked CAS enclosure. Super nice.
http://www.wickedcas.com/product.php?productid=126&cat=4&page=1