Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Bags, coilover, and springs. Need rotors or pads? Want to do a BBK conversion?

mcbtay
Site Admin

Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

by mcbtay » February 2nd, 2015

Who's upgraded to stainless steel braided brake lines? How much did you pay for them and where'd you get them? RL BBK will be going on soon, would like to upgrade the lines while I'm there if I can.

mikeyblu

Re: Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

by mikeyblu » February 3rd, 2015

would love to know this question too! so far there is 3 brands worthy of looking at that i found. one of them is stop tech, other is goodridge and the third is on throwdown performance i think it is called techna-fit. they are all generally around 75-110 dollars for all 4 corners and installation should be pretty easy if you DIY, i found a few youtube videos. Knowing me, I dont feel like doing it my self lol so Id rather have someone else do it. It shouldnt cost too much at a local/independent mechanic shop

AccordinglyTuned

by AccordinglyTuned » February 3rd, 2015

I have StopTech SS Lines and I don't think it did much for pedal feel, just a tad bit stiffer not by a huge amount. They're just good in the long run in the summers where standard brake lines start flexing making the pedal feel like a sponge and lowers your confidence in the brakes.

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » February 3rd, 2015

Yeah, it's just one of those things for me. Don't expect to see a huge difference out of them, but while I'm swapping out calipers and rotors and everything else, may as well upgrade the lines too. I think I'm actually going to buy a set from a member here who hasn't used them yet. Thanks, guys!

AccordinglyTuned

by AccordinglyTuned » February 3rd, 2015

mcbtay wrote:Yeah, it's just one of those things for me. Don't expect to see a huge difference out of them, but while I'm swapping out calipers and rotors and everything else, may as well upgrade the lines too. I think I'm actually going to buy a set from a member here who hasn't used them yet. Thanks, guys!

Yeah, it's one of those things. I think the same way. You're already down there might as well do some other stuff so you don't have to do it later on.

And the lines literally takes 20 minutes, it's the bleeding that'll take longest.

staro0989

by staro0989 » February 4th, 2015

This is probably the best deal for all 4 brake lines:

http://hoa.excelerateperformance.com/xl ... 22727.aspx