Control arms...
Bags, coilover, and springs. Need rotors or pads? Want to do a BBK conversion?

rbn85

Control arms...

by rbn85 » January 27th, 2015

Ok, this is a long story ... but here is the summary of it, I was in rear ended last year, insurance sent my car to a crappy ass shop which made a horrible job, and took forever to do it ...

The car steers to the left, but I didnt think much of it since I was planing of fixing the issue during tax season. Last week, while getting new tires, I notice this ...(see picture)

So, since Im planning on getting coilovers, I decided to get the camber kit. Is this a good idea? What else should I get?
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1422418859757.jpg

mcbtay
Site Admin

Re: Control arms...

by mcbtay » January 28th, 2015

You should most definitely get a camber kit if you're getting coilovers. It'll help you be able to align properly and not chew tires. Depending on how low you're going, you may also look into the adjustable front upper control arms, but most don't need them.

korrupt3dazn

by korrupt3dazn » January 28th, 2015

So the shop "Fixed" it and it still looks like that? that nuts. If you look in the deals section there is a thread on how to get a camber kit with the o8G discount.

rbn85

by rbn85 » January 28th, 2015

korrupt3dazn wrote:So the shop "Fixed" it and it still looks like that? that nuts. If you look in the deals section there is a thread on how to get a camber kit with the o8G discount.

Yeah!! It sucks and they took forever to do it!! Well I bought it already, I'm installing it on Saturday. Question, should I get new hardware???

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » January 28th, 2015

rbn85 wrote:Yeah!! It sucks and they took forever to do it!! Well I bought it already, I'm installing it on Saturday. Question, should I get new hardware???

I reused my OEM hardware, but with your control arms looking how they do, if the price wasn't too ridiculous I probably would.

rbn85

by rbn85 » January 28th, 2015

mcbtay wrote:
rbn85 wrote:Yeah!! It sucks and they took forever to do it!! Well I bought it already, I'm installing it on Saturday. Question, should I get new hardware???

I reused my OEM hardware, but with your control arms looking how they do, if the price wasn't too ridiculous I probably would.

Ill check with Honda tomorrow, hopefully they are not that expensive, Ive been expending a lot lately.

ricerocket

by ricerocket » January 29th, 2015

Wow super janky.... Definitely get an aftermarket 3-arm camber kit. With that amount of damage there is no telling if the original mounting points for the control arms have been bent or shifted out of their original place so replacing them with fresh OEM control arms might not allow you to fix your alignment back to OEM specs afterwards.

rbn85

by rbn85 » January 29th, 2015

ricerocket wrote:Wow super janky.... Definitely get an aftermarket 3-arm camber kit. With that amount of damage there is no telling if the original mounting points for the control arms have been bent or shifted out of their original place so replacing them with fresh OEM control arms might not allow you to fix your alignment back to OEM specs afterwards.

Well the subframe was replaced when they were "fixing" it, that i know for sure because I was at the shop when they were installing it.
I got the camber kit today, ill be installing it on Saturday. Guy was rrally quick to process and send my order.