bosch wiper blade question (i broke something)
Exterior and body mods. Lip kits, custom bumpers, different grilles, Inspire conversions... the list goes on!

teezythakidd

bosch wiper blade question (i broke something)

by teezythakidd » January 8th, 2015

so i ordered bosch CA (clear advantage) blades a few weeks ago off of amazon.. managed to put on the driver side blade without a problem, but sadly i snapped off a piece of the connector on the passenger side blade.. literally just the connector is jacked up now. i tried calling bosch customer service and they gave me the run around, so i just bought a rain-x latitude blade for the passenger side.

but i'm wondering if there's any way i can get another connector/piece thing from somewhere. i'm pretty sure i just need another... entire thing (second pic).
the installation instructions that came with the blade seem to be for a different type of connector arm.. not that that makes a difference though, just something i thought was strange.

this is the piece that snapped off.
IMG_4919.JPG

this is the assembly that it snapped off of...
IMG_4921.JPG

proof that the blade connector is intact...
IMG_4920.JPG

and these are the directions they gave me lol, just thought it was strange that they gave me this particular set since not every car has this type of connector arm.
IMG_4922.JPG
"Information is not knowledge." – Albert Einstein

YoLowAccord

Re: bosch wiper blade question (i broke something)

by YoLowAccord » January 8th, 2015

i dont think you can get those anywhere. I swtiched to rain x blades and this happened to me too. Never should have switched from OEM. I went back and love them. Best part is that i can buy the refills for like 5 bucks and they are brand new again...

teezythakidd

word. someone told me (on DA) that I don't even need that small piece that broke off. I'll see how that works out... probably not. lol. I'll harass the warranty department again for Bosch within the next week, so I can be sure that they send me the replacement blade they said they would the first time lol.

main thing I was going for when I was shopping for new blades was a pair of beam blades... didn't know which to get so I decided to give Bosch CA a shot.. and ended up giving Bosch CA and Rain-X Latitude a shot at the same time. lol... didn't have any problem putting the Rain-X blade on, either. interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YoLowAccord

by YoLowAccord » January 8th, 2015

i found the latitudes to be noisy and they like skipped over the glass rather than smoothly cleaning it...

teezythakidd

the latitude blade I have I'd say works better than the Bosch blade :/ lol

teezythakidd

I'm gonna do something.. soon. I'm not exactly proud of the notion that I have two different wiper blade brands on my car lol

teezythakidd

by teezythakidd » January 20th, 2015

UPDATE!

look at what came in the mail yesterday! i guess they didn't get to my claim until the 15th. and no, i didn't harass them like i wanted to lol... i think i'm gonna keep the CA and rain-x blades on for a while though. glad to know that i have these Evos ready to go when i wanna change!
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender_1.jpg