What happened with the rear diffuser?
Exterior and body mods. Lip kits, custom bumpers, different grilles, Inspire conversions... the list goes on!

mi08coupe

What happened with the rear diffuser?

by mi08coupe » November 17th, 2014

What happened with the rear diffuser group buy that M8G had going? Last I remember it was almost ready for production, then the forum went down. Haven't heard or seen anything since. If people installed them and posted pics, I missed it completely. IIRC, the company they were dealing with was Auto Kits X. There's nothing about the diffuser on the site.

mcbtay
Site Admin

Re: What happened with the rear diffuser?

by mcbtay » November 17th, 2014

I don't think anything ever came of it. I think they came out with their design and nobody was happy with it or something. Not a coupe owner so I wasn't invested in the discussion, may be wrong.

DOOM

by DOOM » November 17th, 2014

mcbtay wrote:I don't think anything ever came of it. I think they came out with their design and nobody was happy with it or something. Not a coupe owner so I wasn't invested in the discussion, may be wrong.

that's exactly what happened... the team making it wasn't receptive to feedback during the development process and ended up with a final product that nobody wanted.
Summer: 20" Vossen CV3/Conti | Winter: 19" Genesis Track/GMax | BC Coilovers/SPC | Mugen Kit | Modulo Face | Sarona Roof | Hex Mini/FXR/Fogs Retrofits | Inspire OEM Mirrors/Garnish | Eagle Eyes Trunk/Tails | Full LED | UltraGauge | Takeda | JET MAF | Magnaflow | SprintBooster | UR/Progress | EBC | Duralast Gold | Next: RV6 J-Pipe

mi08coupe

by mi08coupe » November 17th, 2014

Well damn...that's unfortunate. I remember really liking the pre-production mock ups they were showing before M8G went splat, and was psyched to see the final product. Thanks for the info guys, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear.

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » November 17th, 2014

mi08coupe wrote:Well damn...that's unfortunate. I remember really liking the pre-production mock ups they were showing before M8G went splat, and was psyched to see the final product. Thanks for the info guys, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear.

I want to say it was Tony (the AG wheels rep) who was coordinating that. I may be wrong though. I know he ended up with a diffuser, and I think it was that one.

milmast

by milmast » November 17th, 2014

Does anyone have a picture of it? I'd love to see how it turned out. I know Jeff AKA 'mintyaccord' on Instagram has modified a GT500 rear diffuser onto the back of his accord
Static Black Accord Coupe
Image milmast YouTube => http://goo.gl/1BsLa9
Image milmast Instagram => http://goo.gl/8MWPBK

ChrisB8thgen

by ChrisB8thgen » November 17th, 2014

milmast wrote:Does anyone have a picture of it? I'd love to see how it turned out. I know Jeff AKA 'mintyaccord' on Instagram has modified a GT500 rear diffuser onto the back of his accord
same i'd like to see it too
2011 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S

Follow me on Instragram! @chrisbafia

korrupt3dazn

by korrupt3dazn » November 18th, 2014

Did you guy see this guy's diffuser?
looks pretty sick.

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » November 18th, 2014

Yep that's the Mustang diffuser. I think it looks great