2011 Accord Coupe - Rims, Suspension, Sound System
What all have you modified on your Accord?

TreyE

2011 Accord Coupe - Rims, Suspension, Sound System

by TreyE » July 21st, 2015

Hello all this is my later than I should have build. I bought the car in January 2014 with 23,000 miles on her in great condition completely stock from dealer in Tampa, FL. Here's my journey with the car..

Audio Components Used:
Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-x2700BS
Tweeters: Crescendo RTS1 (Fried, threw them out) NOW SEAS Prestige 27TFFNC/G (H1396) 1" Textile Dome Tweeter
Mids: Silver Flute 6.5" 4ohm
Subwoofer: IDMAX 12" V4 - D4
Enclosure: Built to ID specs
Amplifier: Hifonics BRX5016.5

Aesthetics:
Rims: Avant Garde M510 20x10 +35
Suspension: Megan EZ Street, Camber Kit
Other: Retrofitted Headlights, rear lip

First thing was first, debadge.

Then was the yellow DRL (daytime running lights) to give it something other than ugly halogen, and LEDs inside the car and for license plate to give it a bit better look.

Next I installed a cheap Stinger LOC to the rear speakers hooked up to a Hertz HCP4 bridged to Crescendo CZ components. It was way better than stock, dont have any images. My music started to cut out randomly leading me on a goose chase looking for loose wiring which in the end it was the board of the LOC that had come loose from bumps in road etc. crap build quality. Only pic I have installing CZ's... Thanks Honda...

Next up was coilovers, Megan EZ Street..

Then installed them on the stock wheels.. Before/After

Then came the rims. Avant Garde M510 20x10 +35 on 245/30

To be continued....[COLOR="Silver"]

TreyE

Re: 2011 Accord Coupe - Rims, Suspension, Sound System

Then I installed a rear lip...

Then rolled my fenders to allow more aggressive stance in rear...

Difference of before/after 20mm spacers in rear..

Then I installed a roof rack I planned on carrying road bike on, still haven't lol

I then bought the IDMAX 12" V4 D4 LNIB and the Hifonics BRX5016.5..

Then had the box built by Andy here in Tampa, FL... Beauty panel facing inside cabin.

TreyE

The Hifonics was overheating playing with the stock head unit bridged to the Crescendo CZ's. I cranked it up one day and it blew my crossover tweeter side, mids still played fine. My stock headunit was also cutting off frequencies below 40hz and was having HORRIBLE bass reproduction problems tapped into rear speakers. I gave in and bought a double din and ran it off 2 channels not bridged in mean time. Pioneer AVH-x2700bs, fixed most of bass reproduction and much cleaner sound with LC2i LOC, no more accubass was needed.

I then bought some Silver Flute 6.5" 4ohm to replace CZ mids, and had some Crescendo RTS-1 tweets already installed in my sail that a fellow Accord friend didnt need so I got them practically free and am going to use them in the meantime until I upgrade to a Seas Prestige or similar.

And the wiring for active setup... 100ft of 16ga Knukonceptz OFC

I also had my headlights retrofitted with halo's and demon eyes, hooked them up to a switch and demon eyes have control with RGB so any color I want really...

TreyE

So tonight Andy installed the Silver Flute's and the RTS-1 tweeters and guess what? The RTS-1's I got from my friend were fried!! Well there goes that, just ordered the tweets I was planning on getting in the near future. The SEAS Prestige 27TFFNC/G (H1396) 1" Textile Dome Tweeter. Ended up being more expensive than the SF's but oh well, better sound like the bomb diggity.

First impression of the Silver Flutes compared to the CZ's was J.H.C. these are amazing. Off 60rms (claimed) they are MUCH louder and extremely clear, can't wait for them to loosen up a bit.

The deadening job he did was amazing, pretty much sealed off the doors and I will post a comparison later. MurderMat was used.

Anyways, enough chatter heres some pics.

Taking off OEM plastic to make way for deadening. There was absolutely NO deadener in this door as you can see lol.

Deadener in..

Running all the speaker wires opposite of power with RCA's..

All tidy, plenty of room in there with these cars we had no problem fitting 4 runs of 16ga, 4channel RCAs and sub RCA's with existing wiring already run..

Difference between Crescendo CZ mid and Silver Flute on right..

More to come when the tweets are in along with the rest of the deadener. Loving the Silver Flutes and the IDMAX I cannot complain about, it reproduces everything very well. Reminds me of 05 XXX but a little less authority down low. I could contribute that to the fact it only has about 600rms instead of 1500 going to it :)

TreyE

The Seas Neo tweets arrived, curious to see how they sound...later this week hopefully. They will look very OEM in my sails, which goes with my theme throughout this build.

TreyE

Well, got bored and used silicon to put new Seas in the old sails. The RTS-1 were slightly bigger but I measured before I ordered to make sure they would cover hole. Man they barely do. :celebra:

Here were RTS-1. Obvious to notice when you got into the car, wasn't a fan of that but didn't mind.

Here are the Seas Prestige, much cleaner OEM look which I like personally.

TreyE

by TreyE » July 23rd, 2015

After listening to the tweets after installing them yesterday I have to say I am extremely impressed. They play loud and are very detail oriented, they are very laid back and non fatiguing listening at high volume. I have the Seas crossed over at 4k along with the Silver Flute's. My next xover point is 3.15khz and I don't feel comfortable crossing them (Seas) that low with my first active front stage, I'm still learning a little.

I didn't have time to mess with Time Alignment yesterday but maybe today after work before I go on a motorcycle ride. Looking forward to what some Time Alignment can do to further my listening experience.

Was listening to some MTV Unplugged on the way to work this morning (Thank you Amazon Prime) and I could really tell where the instruments were coming from, but they weren't perfectly defined. If it makes sense I don't think I could be certain to point where they were coming from. TA should help that.

TreyE

by TreyE » July 31st, 2015

Well, the output and sound quality from the IDMAX has been excellent since replacing with the new HU. Hitting lows and plays everything I can throw at it beautifully, not boomy or anything just tight response throughout. BUUUUUUUT, I found a unplayed, unmounted 05 RE XXX 12" D2 a couple hours away that I'm scooping up. I love those subwoofers so much I could not pass it up. So the IDMAX is for sale and tomorrow I go to pick up the XXX in Daytona. Reason for doing so is because IDMAX was D4, ran at 2ohms. I wanted full potential so the XXX will do that at 1ohm at the amp.

I also got around to finishing deadener on my driver door and ordered a Kinetik HC1400R - REV for my front battery since I'll be pulling a good amount more juice at 1ohm.

XXX, if you look closely you can see no holes in surround by gasket.

The deadener inside shot I wasn't able to get before...

The Kinetik, pretty decent price. Fits in stock location with no modification. 2 year warranty too.