C8G's Build
What all have you modified on your Accord?

C8G

C8G's Build

by C8G » April 3rd, 2015

2011 Taffeta White Ex Sedan:
What's up guys, just wanted to start my build thread as I made a lot of progress over this last week. I work at a school and we're currently on spring break, so I thought I'd take the time to get under the car for a while.

Here's a picture of a 2011 taffeta sedan that I stole from google just to use as a placeholder for what my car looked like when I first brought it home.
stock1.jpg
stock1.jpg (68.17 KiB) Viewed 21842 times

Luckily, cops really don't give a shit if we remove front plates in southern california, so the day I brought my car home that was the first thing I did.
day1.png
day1.png (317.13 KiB) Viewed 21842 times

The following day, I had to do something. Something to make my car not look like every other accord in town. The car scene is quite small where I live, so even the slightest mod makes a difference. I hate the way chrome looks on cars, so I ran to walmart and grabbed some plasti dip and went to town on the grill. (I plan on dipping the front H white soon)
AccordGrill.jpg

I was driving a 97 civic coupe when I bought my accord. My plan was to sell my civic and pick up some wheels/rubber with the money. Sold the civic the following week for 2500 (it had 300k miles). Picked up some Niche wheels (F: 19x8.5+40 R: 19x9.5+35) and slapped em on asap for a feel on how my car would look later.
civic1.JPG

niche2.png
niche2.png (296.62 KiB) Viewed 21842 times

Niche1.jpg

I started to save up some money for further modding, but I ran into some things that set me back so I killed some time and debadged the back end and dipped the H. I also got a solid deal at a tint shop so i got my windows tinted (5%) and you'll see how that looks in a bit.
AccordBadgeDelete.jpg

Tax season came around! Ordered Megan Ez's and a camber kit (Yes it's a no name, Yes I know its risky, Yes I got impatient and did it anyway. lol I'll let you guys know how it turns out.)
Called my buddy German over and we installed the 3pc camber kit and megan's. Neither of us had ever installed suspension or a camber kit, but it didn't turn out too bad.
Just took a couple beers and we were good to go.
megan1.jpg

camberkit1.jpg

As I mentioned earlier, I dislike chrome and the chrome window trim just looks so out of place. You know what that means? Dipped it. lol
AccordBlackTrim.jpg

I also had some spare time and decided to paint my calipers. I went with white, but I'm not too sure how I feel about it. This picture can also serve as the picture that shows my current wheel gap (highest ride height on the megan's for now.)
AccordWGap.jpg

Here is a front end and back end shot to show what it looks like currently. (March 2015)
AccordStance1.jpg

AccordStance2.jpg

When I bought my accord I had that stupid blue tint on the front windshield, the visor that does basically nothing? Either way, it looked like complete shit.
I decided to pick up some black vinyl and make a solid black visor, it came out pretty good. It was definitely a bit more complicated than I thought originally too,
but I luckily have a heat gun and that was of good use when applying the vinyl (wrinkles and bends in the vinyl shrink when heated)
Visor1.jpg

Got around to putting my wheels on and maxing out the rear coils. Cant max out the fronts til I get smaller tires.
Until then, here are some shots of the car currently.
accordstance34.jpg

Cgaccord2.jpg

Cgaccord1.jpg

Tires went shitty! Heres an update on my new tire setup.
stretcher.jpg

sideshit1.jpg

225/35/19 on 9.5

Future mods:
-Retro fit headlights
-Eagle eye or Beamer style tails
-Vinyl wrapping the roof gloss black
-LED interior lighting
-Leather interior
-Upgrade flooring
-Lip kits
That's all I can think of for now, thanks for looking at my soccer mom car! :lol:
Last edited by C8G on August 17th, 2015, edited 6 times in total.

Jonkassidy

Re: C8G's Build

by Jonkassidy » April 9th, 2015

Looks good so far, i like the less is more approch. How come you didnt mount the wheels?

C8G

by C8G » April 9th, 2015

Thanks man!
Well when I first started putting money into the car, I decided to get the more important purchases out of the way first. Wheels / Tires / suspension, etc. My original plan was to get lowering springs (2" drop max) and wheels and be done. So I ordered my wheels and tires. When I got around to ordering suspension, I thought about the lowering springs, and how there is a definite chance that I will be unhappy with the drop seeing as lowering springs don't really have adjustable settings. I decided to go with coilovers. Now that my car is on coils, the wheels wont fit without rubbing. So my next move is to get the fenders rolled and try to fit the monstrous ass wheels I have in the rear (275/40/19). Knowing that it probably wont work out, I am waiting for my next pay check to get some smaller tires so I can get those on and finally get my wheels on.
Basically with lowering springs the tires would have been fine.
Now that I have coils and want to drop the car more, the tires are iffy. lol

Jonkassidy

by Jonkassidy » April 10th, 2015

Gotcha. Check out Fender Defender in Santa Ana they do fender rolling and the service there is top notch. I had my rear fenders rolled it they did a perfect job, no cracked paint no wavy looking fenders and you can't even tell I had them rolled. I was in and out in 45min and they only charged me $35 a fender, they specialize in fenders and fitment. Keep us posted when you get your wheel situation figured out.

jeskmo

by jeskmo » April 10th, 2015

Hello c8g. Just want to know if those are the ebay camber kit and how they are holding of. I am trying to get the jpower but they r not available and the seller does not know when they were be available

C8G

by C8G » April 12th, 2015

@Jeskmo Hey man, yeah they are the ebay arms.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/REAR-ALIGNMENT- ... dd&vxp=mtr

I've only had them on for about two weeks now, but they seem completely fine. I installed them myself and then had them aligned at a shop nearby. As for that person who sells us the Jpower kit, theyve been blowing me off for months regarding restock on the kit. I got tired of waiting and figured that they weren't planning on restocking anytime soon. So i went with these, so yeah two weeks in they're great. Handling is noticeably better too. However, I do believe that I am the first on the forum to try them out. So nobody knows how they run long term. But honestly, I've seen the jpower kit and these are exactly the same thing.

C8G

by C8G » April 12th, 2015

@Jonkassidy
Thanks for the heads up man! I may just do that. But yeah, wheel situation will be solved within the next two weeks here. Got that pay check coming in this friday!

Jonkassidy

by Jonkassidy » May 4th, 2015

Man I how did I miss the new pics of your car, damn dude it looks killer! I'm all for the less is more look which you nailed. How do you like your Megan's ?

C8G

by C8G » May 4th, 2015

@JonKassidy Thanks man, Im trying to get that subtle appearance that can "wow" people without trying too hard you know? The megans are solid though man, I wish the back dropped at least another inch though. Feeling that maybe I should have put out that extra 200 bucks for the super streets. Ill have the fronts maxed out when we go to CAM though, with smaller tires as well. These are kinda beefy. Appreciate you keeping up on my build man!

teezythakidd

by teezythakidd » June 4th, 2015

Here's me saying "WOW". Really great setup you got there! Sheeeeesh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Information is not knowledge." – Albert Einstein