I4 Throttle Body Spacer
Engine and performance mods to make your Accord more racekar.

Str2010

I4 Throttle Body Spacer

by Str2010 » November 8th, 2014

Hey guys, I been thinking of getting a TBS for my i4 accord and I found aFe and P2R have them for the i4. I like the P2R because it comes in red and 1 gasket but it says if we have an aluminum intake manifold we should use 2 gaskets. Do we have an aluminum intake manifold on the 2010 EX i4 sedan? and if so where would I buy a second gasket since they only give 1.

My last question is, I have a Injen Cold Air Intake and they say that I might have issues fitting the intake and TBS. Is this true and if so, is there any way to fix that issue?

The link to the P2R TBS is: http://www.proimporttuners.com/parts/honda/accord-p2r-throttle-body-spacer.html

Brian

Re: I4 Throttle Body Spacer

by Brian » November 12th, 2014

There is no way to fix it. There is no gain to having this beside eye candy for the engine bay.

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » November 12th, 2014

Brian is right. I believe James at KTuner even saw losses with it. It looks cool but that's about it. Having said that, it will push the intake out a bit, but my K&N still fits, just not where it would without it.

ruffbrian

by ruffbrian » November 13th, 2014

a buddy of mine used to run it with the Takeda SRI with no problems. Not sure if the difference between SRI and CAI would be make or break in terms of fitment. But yeah it doesnt give any significant gains anyway honestly. It does sound kinda cool though lol

milmast

by milmast » November 13th, 2014

I installed that same P2R throttle body spacer on my accord along with the Takeda SRI and I haven't had any problem installing it, except I forgot to install the nitrous oxide plug while I was installing the spacer. Anyways it includes everything you need for the install, along with the necessary gaskets and instructions with torque specs. I didn't really notice a difference other than the aesthetics of it. If you're gonna run NOS in your ride, this is your best option, but if not, just enjoy the way it looks :)

Static Black Accord Coupe
Image milmast YouTube => http://goo.gl/1BsLa9
Image milmast Instagram => http://goo.gl/8MWPBK

indodarknight

by indodarknight » November 15th, 2014

for the i4 we only need 1 gasket, for the v6 you will need 2 gasket

I've had the p2r tbs for a while, and it makes a slight whistle noise, but sold that a while back

if you're thinking of doing rbc intake manifold swap down the road, you don't need to buy the p2r ones, because you will need prl adapter kit for the rbc swap, and it comes with prl tbs in the package

and yes, you won't be able to fit any cai with the tbs, unless you do a lil modding here and there, if you have sri, then you're good to go

there is no proven gain with the tbs, so unless you're only looking to make you're engine bay prettier or nitrous, then its pointless
:roll: stock 6-6, YAY! / its so SLOW / need a FASTER car / WHEEL whore/ save the MANUAL / in need of BOOST! again... :lol:

Throwdown

by Throwdown » November 15th, 2014

Confirming, the i4 only includes one gasket and that's all thats needed. The one side you cannot use a thermal gasket because it uses a o-ring type gasket due to the design of the oem connection. They are a few hp gain at peak but nothing major for the 80 bucks they are, shows typically as a bit more throttle response.

If experiencing a whistle I'd recommend to also check to ensure no leaks from the tap and everything is sealed well.
The Largest stocking distributor of 8th Gen Performance Parts in North America!
http://www.ThrowdownPerformance.com
Email: sales@throwdownperformance.com
AIM : ThrowdownPerform

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » November 17th, 2014

Throwdown wrote:Confirming, the i4 only includes one gasket and that's all thats needed. The one side you cannot use a thermal gasket because it uses a o-ring type gasket due to the design of the oem connection. They are a few hp gain at peak but nothing major for the 80 bucks they are, shows typically as a bit more throttle response.

If experiencing a whistle I'd recommend to also check to ensure no leaks from the tap and everything is sealed well.

I'm experiencing a bit of a whistle, and if I had to guess it's from my tap because it looked like it wasn't the best seal. Can you order replacements? Or any recommendations?

DOOM

by DOOM » November 17th, 2014

i've heard of the whistle happening from quite a few people so i'd bet there is nothing to fix.
Summer: 20" Vossen CV3/Conti | Winter: 19" Genesis Track/GMax | BC Coilovers/SPC | Mugen Kit | Modulo Face | Sarona Roof | Hex Mini/FXR/Fogs Retrofits | Inspire OEM Mirrors/Garnish | Eagle Eyes Trunk/Tails | Full LED | UltraGauge | Takeda | JET MAF | Magnaflow | SprintBooster | UR/Progress | EBC | Duralast Gold | Next: RV6 J-Pipe