Head Swaps
Engine and performance mods to make your Accord more racekar.

ll Vanity ll

Head Swaps

by ll Vanity ll » January 25th, 2016

Does anybody know if you can swap parts (specifically heads) between a 2009 TSX K24Z3 and a 2011 Accord K24Z3? In my mind, common sense says that it would work but i would like other confirmation from someone who is more knowledgeable than I :lol:

indodarknight

Re: Head Swaps

by indodarknight » January 26th, 2016

just incase if you are still wondering, they are the exact same thing, they should fit perfectly, because I put the 09 tsx k24z3 motor, whole long block into my 2011 accord

but just remember, there is a sensor, could be either vtec sensor or cam sensor, i forgot, but its the one all the way on the side where the timing chain is located, you need to put the stock accord on back on, because the harness is different, and if you put the motor back in the car already, you won't be able to take off that sensor, since you only have like 1" clearance, while the sensor is like 3" long

I put the 09 tsx motor in my 11 accord becuz i blew my original motor pushing 18psi turbo, lol... was fun while it lasted
:roll: stock 6-6, YAY! / its so SLOW / need a FASTER car / WHEEL whore/ save the MANUAL / in need of BOOST! again... :lol:

ll Vanity ll

Re: Head Swaps

by ll Vanity ll » January 27th, 2016

Is there any performance difference with switching heads or would you need to swap the whole motor? Because I know that the TSX makes 201 hp to the crank.