Who would like to boost their 8th Gen?
Engine and performance mods to make your Accord more racekar.

Apple Slicer

Re: Who would like to boost their 8th Gen?

by Apple Slicer » April 29th, 2015

Idk how to edit posts. On my phone atm: but here is link to buy tune.

http://throwdownperformance.com/ktuner/ ... 23443.aspx

ivan_j35z3

by ivan_j35z3 » May 1st, 2015

Apple Slicer wrote:A few months ago ktuner released a tuner for all 8th and 9th Gen accords both v6 and i4. Auto and manual. Only issue is he has not yet released the program out of public beta so it still lacks fuel Injection sizing and boost tables.

So for the most part we are go for tune. Now it's just a matter of one of us getting the time and money.

Btw: as far as heat concern goes, heat will get us either way. I've read a lot about J builds, and these engines are very susceptible to heat regardless, and superchargers, mostly twin screws vs centrifugal, make a lot of heat like turbos do.

Interesting. I see that the BETA version is out for sale now but I wonder if it would be safe to buy or just wait for the full release version. Are you still talking to KTUNER about this?

Apple Slicer

by Apple Slicer » May 1st, 2015

I'm not alone using ktuner. Most of us on drive Accord forums has one. And a lot of both 8th and 9th Gen guys are getting e-tuned using ktuner. I've been using the kit for a while as he includes a base tune for premium gas and supports basic mods like exhaust and intake. But it's only a starter tune. The base tune for the most part only effects top end, but it's really just an example of the possibilities.

The trouble however is that we don't officially know if ktuner will ever release an update to include forced induction support. If he doesn't, then we are back to square one. And that means most likely a stand alone ecu which is incredibly costly and will lose out on functionality.

ivan_j35z3

by ivan_j35z3 » May 5th, 2015

Apple Slicer wrote:A few months ago ktuner released a tuner for all 8th and 9th Gen accords both v6 and i4. Auto and manual. Only issue is he has not yet released the program out of public beta so it still lacks fuel Injection sizing and boost tables.

So for the most part we are go for tune. Now it's just a matter of one of us getting the time and money.

Btw: as far as heat concern goes, heat will get us either way. I've read a lot about J builds, and these engines are very susceptible to heat regardless, and superchargers, mostly twin screws vs centrifugal, make a lot of heat like turbos do.

I do see our V6's being tunes already on YouTube with KTUNER with decent gains(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9KjrfAtf00). Also looks like Bisimoto are making lots of internals for our cars, I like how this is going on the right directions! :D

Do you still have contact with KTUNER?

Apple Slicer

by Apple Slicer » May 6th, 2015

Bisimoto has had parts for ours cars for a few years. And internals have been available since they 8th Gen accords first came out, so nothing particularly new. Do note however that running a camshaft might not work so well with different methods of forced induction. Also bisimoto has recieved poor reviews regarding the quality of their regrinded camshafts; apparently not every camshaft is ground properly, so one of your cylinder banks will have a different camshaft then the other! As you can see, this could pose a serious engine problem quickly.

As far as contact with ktuner. I don't speak to him personally regarding these matters. Ktuner isn't very transparent or personal on the exact bits of what he's working on, nor gives frequent responses on the other forums, which as far as I know, are the only other forums for the accord 8 and 9th Gen he posts to. That being said, he is kind of distant with a very "itll get done when it gets done, or maybe not" type mentality. For this reason, it's hard for me to have much hope he'll answer the very few of us who are vocally requesting the ability to tune for forced induction on this particular vehicle. If you're looking to build all motor, and most likely cap out around 300 wheel horsepower, then the ability now exist. For anything more, it's up to how much money you have and your local speed shops talent.

ivan_j35z3

by ivan_j35z3 » May 6th, 2015

Not sure why my reply keeps getting deleted

ivan_j35z3

bump

ivan_j35z3

Apple Slicer wrote:Bisimoto has had parts for ours cars for a few years. And internals have been available since they 8th Gen accords first came out, so nothing particularly new. Do note however that running a camshaft might not work so well with different methods of forced induction. Also bisimoto has recieved poor reviews regarding the quality of their regrinded camshafts; apparently not every camshaft is ground properly, so one of your cylinder banks will have a different camshaft then the other! As you can see, this could pose a serious engine problem quickly.

As far as contact with ktuner. I don't speak to him personally regarding these matters. Ktuner isn't very transparent or personal on the exact bits of what he's working on, nor gives frequent responses on the other forums, which as far as I know, are the only other forums for the accord 8 and 9th Gen he posts to. That being said, he is kind of distant with a very "itll get done when it gets done, or maybe not" type mentality. For this reason, it's hard for me to have much hope he'll answer the very few of us who are vocally requesting the ability to tune for forced induction on this particular vehicle. If you're looking to build all motor, and most likely cap out around 300 wheel horsepower, then the ability now exist. For anything more, it's up to how much money you have and your local speed shops talent.

I just a few days ago found our about Bisimoto. I will have to do more research on them on their quality. Maybe they have gotten better on their quality or maybe worst, but I want to make sure before making a move and then ruining my engine. The fact of KTUNER at least attempting of doing a tune for our car is a start, rather then nobody else.

300WHP? I wonder where I'm at now. I'll probably hit the Dyno this weekend to look at my numbers. I'm not giving up just yet though, but if they don't make anything soon then I'll probably will be selling the Accord. I'll keep pushing for it. I love my Accord but I want more power. You always want more power.

Apple Slicer

by Apple Slicer » May 6th, 2015

Stock is around 240 wheel hp. I haven't felt that much for gains with the basic 93 octane tune that comes with ktuner, but its only a base tune and affects primarily the upper Rpm. If I had to guess, with magnaflow catback, atlp j pipe, high flow third cat, and aem intake with 93 octane base tune, I'm putting down no more than a measly 260 hp. And that may be being optimistic. Fi is the only way to go.

As far as quality and service from bisi goes as of late, I can't say. Never had a personal experience with them. Guess we'll find out. Lot of people happy to see them providing parts on the other forums.

ivan_j35z3

by ivan_j35z3 » May 7th, 2015

Apple Slicer wrote:Stock is around 240 wheel hp. I haven't felt that much for gains with the basic 93 octane tune that comes with ktuner, but its only a base tune and affects primarily the upper Rpm. If I had to guess, with magnaflow catback, atlp j pipe, high flow third cat, and aem intake with 93 octane base tune, I'm putting down no more than a measly 260 hp. And that may be being optimistic. Fi is the only way to go.

As far as quality and service from bisi goes as of late, I can't say. Never had a personal experience with them. Guess we'll find out. Lot of people happy to see them providing parts on the other forums.

I'll dyno the car this weekend and see what the numbers look like. Currently I have Megan catback, xlr8 j pipe, rv6 hfcd, takeda stage 2 intake, p2r throttle spacer, on 89 octane with no tune yet of course.

I spoke to a vendor for our 8th gens Accords about linking up with Bisimoto and they've tried several years ago, but yeah just never really went anywhere. They said they'll follow-up but at that point in time they just didn’t have a lot of interest in the Accords unlike now. Hopefully we can get something going for us.

As far as the Ktuner, looks like I'll be purchasing that pretty soon. The KTuner is currently tagged as BETA but allows a lot of adjustment. Most of the parameters that are not yet released, are not what is typically touched. When you purchase the unit, you can always update the flash to the latest so as additional releases come out in the future and have full access. We'll wait and see.