Getting turbo ready
Engine and performance mods to make your Accord more racekar.

8thgen_uzi

Getting turbo ready

by 8thgen_uzi » March 7th, 2015

Hey guys. Right now I'm NA tuned with K-tuner. Next step is FI. Now the only problem I have is with finding internals like Cams and cam gears. Any idea on what cams would work? And Ive heard that any k24 Pistons, rods, valves and valves springs would work. Is this true? Thanks

MyLevel

Re: Getting turbo ready

by MyLevel » March 7th, 2015

8thgen_uzi wrote:Hey guys. Right now I'm NA tuned with K-tuner. Next step is FI. Now the only problem I have is with finding internals like Cams and cam gears. Any idea on what cams would work? And Ive heard that any k24 Pistons, rods, valves and valves springs would work. Is this true? Thanks

Depends. Are you building for ridiculous power? K series can handle boost with stock internals pretty well. Upgrading things like injectors, fuel pump, and cooling. If you want to build there are so many options. Forged internals, bigger cams, and a good tune. YOu need to do your research on the particular k series you have. Like i said, numerous options. Im pushing 450hp in a k swapped integra and its all stock besides injectors etc. Nothing internal has been changed and it is running just fine, with a great tune.

8thgen_uzi

by 8thgen_uzi » March 8th, 2015

Really. That's good to know! External upgrades are a must like you put it. I would like to do some internal work beginning with cams. But what I've been hearing is that the head size is longer so the Cams do not fit. I was just curious if there was a brand out there that might have made some and me being unable to find the lol

MyLevel

by MyLevel » March 8th, 2015

I have a v6 Accord. What exact k series do you have?

8thgen_uzi

by 8thgen_uzi » March 9th, 2015

K24Z3 SE 5sp

MyLevel

by MyLevel » March 9th, 2015

Okay, research! i typed in k24z3 turbo build and some things popped up. good stuff too. But in all reality you do not need to upgrade internally... Injectors, fuel pump, a legit turbo kit(not ebay) and a great tune and you can daily your car. Ive been here before, trust me and have seen great numbers. The k series are great. You are right not too much to offer on this engine, but research will tell you different.

MyLevel

by MyLevel » March 9th, 2015

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » March 10th, 2015

But remember the one boosted Accord we have here on the forums blew his motor from a boost leak, but to my knowledge he had not upgraded any internals. May want to reach out to him for questions/help.

8thgen_uzi

by 8thgen_uzi » March 11th, 2015

Thanks a lot for your guys' help! :) much appreciated

theajstorcella

by theajstorcella » March 28th, 2015

MyLevel wrote:I have a v6 Accord. What exact k series do you have?

if you have a V6 Accord youre not in the K Series motor. you have a J Series motor.
2008 San Marino Red Coupe 2.4l Auto x Custom CBE x Weapon-R CAI x G35 Rays Infiniti Wheels x Ichiban 15mm Spacers Front, 25mm Spacers Rear x Sickspeed Spiked Extended Lugs (Red) x Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers x Nokya Yellow DRLs x Aftermarket Yellow JDM Fogs