Finally got my 3.7L IM done
Engine and performance mods to make your Accord more racekar.

lebanesebeast

Re: Finally got my 3.7L IM done

by lebanesebeast » December 28th, 2014

I too have the zdx im and tb, love how it pulls, do you have any youtube videos of in-car pulls? Im looking for a bigger intake because im currently running takeda sri with a reducer (so it fits),,,,, what intttake are you using?
Painted im looks nice!!
2012 v6 sedan
Takeda SRI, zdx intake manifold, zdx throttle body, RV6 HFPC, ATLP V2 j pipe, 3rd cat delete, 2.5" custom obx catback

@ccord10

by @ccord10 » December 29th, 2014

sorry for the quality but heres a quick video i made with my phone. with a functioning IMT valve pull will be harder from 30-60mph. keep in mind this is with stock wheels and snow tires so not alot of traction.
http://youtu.be/9nGqhNo5TI8

Throwdown

by Throwdown » December 30th, 2014

Wow, now that's a nice looking engine bay! Clean!
The Largest stocking distributor of 8th Gen Performance Parts in North America!
http://www.ThrowdownPerformance.com
Email: sales@throwdownperformance.com
AIM : ThrowdownPerform

korrupt3dazn

by korrupt3dazn » December 31st, 2014

Are you going to replace this part with a plate?

They sell a plate like this on ebay. Kinda over price imo.

A cheaper alternative is you can also just use your J35 Intake Manifold cover. I did that for my J37 (ZDX) intake manifold.

@ccord10

by @ccord10 » December 31st, 2014

Thanks @ throwdown, lebanesebeast
I left the IMT valve on and the valve closed for the extra 5 ft/lbs of torque, eventually I'd like to build a circuit to make it open around 3500 - 4k rpm to help power in upper rpm's. I havent decided yet if this is a permanent mod yet still have some tests to do, gas mileage suffers with it closed all the time :? getting around 21-22mpg now. Im curious to hear what your results are without the valve. I see you ditched the engine cover also, i recently installed the front harness cover and bracket from a TSX it looks much better IMO. Nice job on your engine bay, post some more pics in the engine bay thread :mrgreen: .

Still1

by Still1 » January 6th, 2015

Great info! Thanks a lot, do you just need one gasket on the bottom and on the top? I've seen some people use two gaskets on the bottom and one on the top. In summary, to get this to work for me all i need are those parts you have listed and two gaskets? Thanks again.

2008 Accord Coupe V6 Auto

Instagram - @_Limsanity3

@ccord10

by @ccord10 » January 8th, 2015

Still1 wrote:Great info! Thanks a lot, do you just need one gasket on the bottom and on the top? I've seen some people use two gaskets on the bottom and one on the top. In summary, to get this to work for me all i need are those parts you have listed and two gaskets? Thanks again.

you need 1 gasket above the riser and 1 below. the gasket kit i listed has 2 in it . are you referring to using the thermal spacer? because some people do use 2 gaskets on the bottom when using the thermal spacer to prevent leaks. i hope that answers your question.

Still1

by Still1 » January 9th, 2015

Thanks for your reply, is the thermal spacer necessary? If I were to add a thermal spacer, would I need to order different bolts than what you provided in your post (since they would need to be slightly longer due to the added height of the thermal spacer)? Sorry if these are dumb questions lol I'm a newb, thanks for your help.

Instagram - @_Limsanity3

@ccord10

by @ccord10 » January 9th, 2015

the thermal spacer isnt necessary but it helps prevent manifold heating up although the added height with the spacer will help keep intake temps cooler also. i personally dont use the thermal spacer but i dont think you need longer bolts, maybe someone who has it can chime in here. you could also ask throwdown performance, i believe they sell them so they would know. i dont mind answering questions if i can help, everyones a newb at some point. asking ?'s and trial and error is how we learn.

Still1

by Still1 » January 13th, 2015

@ccord10 wrote:the thermal spacer isnt necessary but it helps prevent manifold heating up although the added height with the spacer will help keep intake temps cooler also. i personally dont use the thermal spacer but i dont think you need longer bolts, maybe someone who has it can chime in here. you could also ask throwdown performance, i believe they sell them so they would know. i dont mind answering questions if i can help, everyones a newb at some point. asking ?'s and trial and error is how we learn.

I see, thanks for your help! Bought a milled spacer and gaskets from a user from DA, did you replace any of your hoses? I read that some of the stock hoses get pulled pretty tight.

Instagram - @_Limsanity3