Finally got my 3.7L IM done
Engine and performance mods to make your Accord more racekar.

MyLevel

Re: Finally got my 3.7L IM done

by MyLevel » February 27th, 2015

@ccord10 wrote:
MyLevel wrote:Hey quick question, You say the 6-6 owners should go with the P2R riser instead? why?
Also all the nuts/bolts/ gasket part numbers on the first page are all you need? nothing more? Just curious because i saw you adding more to it, mostly dressup.

The motor mounts in the 6-6 raise the engine higher than the automatic so you cant run the full size manifold riser. you can run the Honda riser but you need to machine it to 3/4" for hood clearance, the P2r riser is already the correct height for this so its less hassle to deal with. Everything you need is listed i added the chrome bolts because they wont rust or corrode and just look nicer but they arent necessary you can reuse the old ones. the other parts are purely dressup, they look nicer and are pretty cheap too.

Thanks, You the man! great info

MIAcoupe

by MIAcoupe » February 27th, 2015

Very nice. I'm planning on doing this mod soon; however, I just have one question before ordering parts. Will I be able to use the OEM 3.5 engine cover or even the CT's cover? If not, then what are my options?

@ccord10

by @ccord10 » February 28th, 2015

You can use the oem cover but youll have to bend the brackets up a bit to get it to fit. the CT cover might look kinda weird since it would sit to high, plus you need to get CT manifold cover to mount it. you could also get the wire cover and bracket from an Acura TL or TSX. heres my old setup with the oem cover and the riser, its hard to tell its 1 1/2" higher than stock.
WP_20140807_008.jpg

MIAcoupe

by MIAcoupe » February 28th, 2015

Alright thanks man. Probably go with the wire cover + bracket since it looks cleaner.

AccordinglyTuned

by AccordinglyTuned » April 9th, 2015

What intake are you using? it looks huge.

My Takeda barely fits over the J37 TB

@ccord10

by @ccord10 » April 9th, 2015

AccordinglyTuned wrote:What intake are you using? it looks huge.

My Takeda barely fits over the J37 TB

believe it or not this is a cheap e-bay CAI , i only used the tubing though because i didnt trust the other parts. the tubing is 3 1/4" and it sounds great when you get on the throttle. heres a link -http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-RED-08-12-Accord-3-5L-V6-Cold-Air-Intake-Induction-Kit-Filter-3-25-/291423652821?fits=Year%3A2008|Make%3AHonda|Model%3AAccord&hash=item43da340bd5&vxp=mtr

indodarknight

by indodarknight » January 26th, 2016

I'm curious, what causes the 6-6 to not be able to fit the mdx riser? that you'll have to mill it? is the j35z3 and z2 that much different?
:roll: stock 6-6, YAY! / its so SLOW / need a FASTER car / WHEEL whore/ save the MANUAL / in need of BOOST! again... :lol:

valiantsethan

by valiantsethan » January 31st, 2016

Very nice!
Huge selection of over 100,000 aftermarket performance parts. Free shipping on in-stock items over $99. Same Day Shipping before 5pm EST weekdays and we will price match against any legitimate retailer! Like and follow us on Facebook and Instagram. http://facebook.com/valiantsracing @valiantsracing

http://www.valiantsracing.com

Bigwilly

by Bigwilly » February 1st, 2016

indodarknight wrote:I'm curious, what causes the 6-6 to not be able to fit the mdx riser? that you'll have to mill it? is the j35z3 and z2 that much different?

i believe the motor mounts are different causing the Z3 to sit higher, causing interference with the hood if using the full sized MDX riser

indodarknight

by indodarknight » February 3rd, 2016

Bigwilly wrote:
indodarknight wrote:I'm curious, what causes the 6-6 to not be able to fit the mdx riser? that you'll have to mill it? is the j35z3 and z2 that much different?

i believe the motor mounts are different causing the Z3 to sit higher, causing interference with the hood if using the full sized MDX riser

hmm, that's a good reason, so 3.7L IM, zdx TB, and p2r SPACERS it is, then :D
:roll: stock 6-6, YAY! / its so SLOW / need a FASTER car / WHEEL whore/ save the MANUAL / in need of BOOST! again... :lol: