Finally got my 3.7L IM done
Engine and performance mods to make your Accord more racekar.

@ccord10

Finally got my 3.7L IM done

by @ccord10 » December 22nd, 2014

After feeling the difference my MDX riser made i needed even more so i ordered a ZDX 3.7L manifold and TL-SH throttle body. i also got the cover with IMT valve for even more torque, eventually i will build a circuit to make it functional to help power above 4k rpm's. I got my manifold used so it required alot of cleaning and some cutting/grinding to reshape the cover since it will be exposed, but i couldn't beat the deal.
WP_20141209_001.jpg
this is how i got it

After some cleaning and paint
WP_20141218_017.jpg
ready to install

TL throttle body is huge compared to stock
WP_20141219_017.jpg

heres some shots of the manifold and throttle body with gasket to show how close the bores match, no need to port.
WP_20141216_005.jpg
manifold
WP_20141216_006.jpg
Throttle body

everything installed :D I've got some parts on order to cover the coil wires and dress it up a bit
WP_20141222_006.jpg

The result was totally worth the effort and cost, power is amazing throughout the rpm band and its super responsive now. i cant wait to get it on the dyno to get some numbers but that will have to wait for spring. Good thing gas prices are low now because i cant fight the urge to stab the gas pedal every chance i get, it always puts a grin on my face. The only downside is that my intake doesnt have the growl it used to have so ill have to upgrade my exhaust to compensate.

Bigwilly

Re: Finally got my 3.7L IM done

by Bigwilly » December 22nd, 2014

Awesome job man! Thanks for putting this together. I can't wait until I get mine going this year too. Did you have any trouble with your ECU compensating for more air?

@ccord10

by @ccord10 » December 23rd, 2014

Your gonna love this mod it gives you lots more torque especially with the riser, youll want stickier tires to take advantage of the power though. I forgot to mention that you will also need a bigger coupler for your SRI/CAI, the TL throttle body is 3 1/4" vs stock 2 3/4". if you have stock air box you will need to get a new air box lid and air tube from a V6 TSX or get SRI/CAI and bigger coupler. i didnt have any trouble with the ECU i just unplug battery while swapping manifold and let the car idle until fans come on after its done, i didnt even swap the map sensor in the throttle body it behaves just like stock at idle.

Bigwilly

by Bigwilly » December 24th, 2014

Nice! Can't wait. I have the P2R riser waiting for this install as well. Thanks for heads up, I still have the stock takeda coupler for the TL that came with mine but I've been thinking of upgrading to an HPS one just for a little bling factor ;)

Still1

by Still1 » December 25th, 2014

This looks like an awesome mod, any videos of before and after runs? How much did this all run you? Is it pretty much plug n play? Also, do you remember how much you paid for MDX riser? Thanks in advanced.

2008 Accord Coupe V6 Auto

Instagram - @_Limsanity3

@ccord10

by @ccord10 » December 25th, 2014

sorry no videos yet but i may post one soon. MDX riser was $50 plus $25 for the other gasket. the manifold,throttle body,chrome bolts and gaskets came to $400 but well worth it. its super responsive now, if you have a throttle controller you wont need it anymore :D. kinda have to ease the throttle now snow tires break loose real easy HE HE. the best part is its all factory parts and was a simple install no one would know it isnt stock unless you tell them.

Still1

by Still1 » December 25th, 2014

@ccord10 wrote:sorry no videos yet but i may post one soon. MDX riser was $50 plus $25 for the other gasket. the manifold,throttle body,chrome bolts and gaskets came to $400 but well worth it. its super responsive now, if you have a throttle controller you wont need it anymore :D. kinda have to ease the throttle now snow tires break loose real easy HE HE. the best part is its all factory parts and was a simple install no one would know it isnt stock unless you tell them.

Thanks for your reply, $400 doesn't seem to bad at all, this is something I will probably do next year sometime. A vid of this would be awesome, pretty interested in this mod. Did you just purchase the parts from an online dealer? Also, did you get your MDX riser milled down? Thanks again.

2008 Accord Coupe V6 Auto

Instagram - @_Limsanity3

YoLowAccord

by YoLowAccord » December 28th, 2014

hey so what parts do you need exactly to do this? will it work on any v6 8th gen?

@ccord10

by @ccord10 » December 28th, 2014

These parts will work with all 8th gens and some earlier gens as well.
here is a list of parts needed for the manifold riser, automatic coupes do not need the milled riser but 6-6's will . 6-6 coupes may opt to get the P2R manifold riser instead so that no machine work is required. i ordered my manifold riser parts from hondapartsnow.com they accept paypal.
manifold riser.png
manifold riser.png (9.29 KiB) Viewed 20952 times
you will also need a gasket for the riser, i ordered this set off ebay was around $25 search for IG260.
WP_20140726_012.jpg
gaskets

For the Acura parts you will have to order from an Acura dealer i used 1hondaparts.com they sell Acura and Honda parts and accept paypal.
You can use the Acura TL or the ZDX/MDX manifold. i used the ZDX manifold because i got a good deal on it with the cover and IMT valve on e-bay. New manifolds dont come with studs/nuts or bolts so you can use them off your current manifold or get new ones. you may want to get new studs as they are hard to remove without the proper tools.
TL manifold part # 17160-RK2-A00
ZDX/MDX manifold part # 17160-RYE-A10
TL manifold cover# 17140-RK1-A11(you can skip this and use stock cover or get this for 5 FT/LBS more torque it is pricey though unless you can get it used)
i also opted to get the chrome nuts # 90201-P8E-A00(2 required) and reused the chrome bolts from my stock manifold cover . chrome bolt part # 90104-RCJ-A00(10 required) new manifolds will require 2 cover studs also part# 92900-06014-0B
TL throttle body part # 16400-RK2-A01
throttle body gasket # 16176-RYE-A10
studs #(2 required) 92900-08050-3B
nuts #(2 required) 94050-08080
bolts#(2 required) 95701-08060-08
Like i stated in an earlier post the TL throttle body is much larger then stock so you will need to get the appropriate parts for the air intake also.

Bigwilly

by Bigwilly » December 28th, 2014

Thanks man! A lot of useful info here, I will be doing this for sure next spring.