DIY: 09+ Acura TSX AT shift knob installed in 08+ Accord
Here you will find instructional, do-it-yourself guides and general knowledge about the platform.

staro0989

Re: DIY: 09+ Acura TSX AT shift knob installed in 08+ Accord

by staro0989 » November 13th, 2014

Just an idea, why not buy the MT center console? I'd think it go together just fine.

teezythakidd

by teezythakidd » November 13th, 2014

Great write-up and amazing shots!
"Information is not knowledge." – Albert Einstein

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » November 13th, 2014

staro0989 wrote:Just an idea, why not buy the MT center console? I'd think it go together just fine.

Indeed it would, and many do that. I think this is more focused on the shift knob itself.

staro0989

by staro0989 » November 14th, 2014

mcbtay wrote:
staro0989 wrote:Just an idea, why not buy the MT center console? I'd think it go together just fine.

Indeed it would, and many do that. I think this is more focused on the shift knob itself.

That was in response to the other members who want the MT boot in conjunction with the TSX AT shifter. Instead of hacking up the AT center console and not having it work, get a MT center console instead.

staro0989

by staro0989 » November 14th, 2014

teezythakidd wrote:Great write-up and amazing shots!

Thank you!

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » November 14th, 2014

staro0989 wrote:
mcbtay wrote:

That was in response to the other members who want the MT boot in conjunction with the TSX AT shifter. Instead of hacking up the AT center console and not having it work, get a MT center console instead.

D'oh!

brianhxnguyen

by brianhxnguyen » June 11th, 2016

Thought I might as well put my input here. If you remove Fuse 17 (accessory lock, location can be found in the manual), this eliminates the need to drill a hole. Park will still lock in and shift to reverse without pressing the release down. To make it cleaner, I bought an OEM 6-6 shift boot and the TSX auto boot for the bezel ring like another member did previously on here.

staro0989

by staro0989 » June 15th, 2016

brianhxnguyen wrote:Thought I might as well put my input here. If you remove Fuse 17 (accessory lock, location can be found in the manual), this eliminates the need to drill a hole. Park will still lock in and shift to reverse without pressing the release down. To make it cleaner, I bought an OEM 6-6 shift boot and the TSX auto boot for the bezel ring like another member did previously on here.

Oh, thanks for the recommendation! Didn't even think about looking for a fuse that disables that issue.