DIY: Coupe Taillight Mod
Show off your custom retrofit, interior lights, backup cameras, or head units! We want to see how you wired your electronics up! Sponsored by TheRetrofitSource

mcbtay
Site Admin

DIY: Coupe Taillight Mod

by mcbtay » January 13th, 2016

Some of you may remember back in the day a taillight kit being sold that was referred to as the Zexen Taillight Mod from Tao Designs (if my memory is correct). This modification essentially allows your signal light to act as a running light while retaining signal functionality.

Originally Our8thGens was going to attempt to produce and sell these kits for the community, however we decided that it wasn't worth all of the troubleshooting and diagnostics that it would take to support all the customers. However, we didn't want all the research and work to go to waste. Here I present to you full instructions on how to complete this modification, as well as links on where to buy all the parts necessary (embedded in document).

Here are some YouTube videos showing how it functions on the 08-10 tail lights as well as the 11-12 tail lights.

2008 - 2010 factory taillight demonstration:

2008 - 2010 modified taillight demonstration:

2011 - 2012 modified taillight demonstration. Driver's side is modified, passenger side is factory.

DIY instructions can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hE3 ... sp=sharing

I hope you enjoy and find this easy to use and install. Let me know if you have questions!

mcbtay
Site Admin

Re: DIY: Coupe Taillight Mod

by mcbtay » January 14th, 2016

PS: I do have one full kit left that I would sell for $25 shipped. I have one kit that is missing a connector that I'll sell for $15 shipped. Email sales@our8thgens.com in order to buy them!

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » February 1st, 2016

$25 kit has been sold.

Still have the $15 kit -- All it's missing is one 7443 connector that you'd have to buy and modify yourself.

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » February 2nd, 2016

No kits left!