Nexus 7 Upper Dash Mount
Show off your custom retrofit, interior lights, backup cameras, or head units! We want to see how you wired your electronics up! Sponsored by TheRetrofitSource

TyCurtOrm

Nexus 7 Upper Dash Mount

by TyCurtOrm » November 1st, 2015

So this is something i've been wanting to do for a long time. I'm actually an Apple guy and had been trying to figure out a way to get an iPad mini in the same location but the size of it was just a little to big to fit and operate the way I wanted it too.

So I decided to go with the slightly smaller Nexus 7inch tablet (2013 model) and it worked out perfectly! Along with a Grom bluetooth unit, It has steering wheel controls (volume, next/back, seek) on the music app and pandora/spotify etc.

I also am using an app called Tasker that allows me to automate the tablet to act just like a car stereo. So when I start the car the tablet receives power, it wakes up and locks the screen in the on position, auto connects the bluetooth, and starts playing the song where I left off when I last got out of the car. When I turn car off, it cuts power to the tablet which triggers a custom "Sleep mode" where it will turn the bluetooth off, pause the song, and turn the screen off. It works seamlessly and I love the way it turned out.

Here are some pictures.

'08 Nighthawk Black Pearl LX Sedan

Mods:
Megan EZ Street Coilovers
SPC 3-arm camber kit
Thule roof rack
Nexus 7 Tab in OEM GPS location

jman64cola

Re: Nexus 7 Upper Dash Mount

by jman64cola » November 1st, 2015

That's a pretty nice setup. Good job

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
08 accord coupe EX-L NAV Manuel 5 speed
mods: Enkei gp5 18x8 : 3p air lift : Greddy cat back exhaust : j-power rear camber kit : sti lip : mugen rep grill : trunk and roof lip spoiler: H & R 25 mm spacers in rear: ebay intake : k tuner end user tune : skunk 2 down pipe : custom ebonized oak wood floor trunk : :lol: :lol: :lol:

MikoElxv6

by MikoElxv6 » November 2nd, 2015

This looks fantastic. Great job. Quick question (2 actually). How does the nexus play with your apple stuff (iPhone, iTunes, etc)? And is that a custom bezel, or did you buy it, and if so, where? Again... Great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyCurtOrm

by TyCurtOrm » November 2nd, 2015

MikoElxv6 wrote:This looks fantastic. Great job. Quick question (2 actually). How does the nexus play with your apple stuff (iPhone, iTunes, etc)? And is that a custom bezel, or did you buy it, and if so, where? Again... Great job

Thanks guys!
I was able to get all my music from my iTunes onto my nexus with no problem. There is just a program that you have to get to transfer it onto the tablet.

As far as the bezel, I just ordered this
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6955 ... 3667553537
Took like 30 days to get to me from China but it fit perfectly. It also gives you the pieces to move the factory non-nav screen down to the lower pocket area.

Mods:
SPC 3-arm camber kit
Thule roof rack

MikoElxv6

by MikoElxv6 » November 2nd, 2015

Thanks for the info. I'm going to pull the trigger on this soon.

TyCurtOrm

by TyCurtOrm » November 2nd, 2015

MikoElxv6 wrote:Thanks for the info. I'm going to pull the trigger on this soon.

No problem man! Let me know if you need any help with the setup or anything

Mods:
SPC 3-arm camber kit
Thule roof rack