Morimoto Mini H1 Retrofit Inbound!!!
Show off your custom retrofit, interior lights, backup cameras, or head units! We want to see how you wired your electronics up! Sponsored by TheRetrofitSource

teezythakidd

Morimoto Mini H1 Retrofit Inbound!!!

by teezythakidd » April 4th, 2015

Finally gave in (and got the extra funds lol) to buy parts for a retrofit, and they came in the mail today! A day late, of course, courtesy of USPS.

I don't plan on doing the retrofit right away (sic: today, tomorrow, or during the week next week) because it's Easter weekend and I have a ton of stuff to do. I also have photo gigs and a bunch of exams next week, so I won't have much time. I also live in an apartment, I don't feel comfortable having no other option but to leave my car in a parking lot bumper-less for a little while while I'm actually working on the headlights inside, so I'm waiting for my buddy to get back in town from a vacation so I can borrow his garage, haha.

I plan to do a write-up with pics, and HOPEFULLY a walkthrough video since there isn't one for the 8G AFAIK. I'm kinda almost sorta considerably more excited about that than performing the actual retrofit. Is that bad? Lmao jk.

I'm gonna be using my current HID kit (Innovited is the brand, 35w) with the brand new ballasts I received under warranty but haven't installed yet for the sake of the retrofit. I also ordered Innovited H1 bulbs (staying at 5000k for now too), those haven't come in yet though. In the future, I'd like to upgrade to the Morimoto XB35 kit.

Here are a couple pics I managed to snap before I stepped out today!

It's soooo pretty!!! Lolol.

I'm gonna do the glare-shield fix/mod as well (probably with aluminum from a soda can) when the time comes. Refer to this thread (particularly post #2) on HIDPlanet if you're like "what da fug, soda can? projector? glare?" ---> http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthr ... -Mini-Tips

Wish me luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coolblue

Re: Morimoto Mini H1 Retrofit Inbound!!!

by coolblue » April 5th, 2015

Good luck bro...
Honda Accord Coupe EX-L I4
Belize Blue Pearl
Instagram • kulblue
Build Thread • CoolBlue™
FaceBook • CoolBlue™

teezythakidd

by teezythakidd » April 24th, 2015

Finally did a write-up (http://j.mp/1IQFYNj), feel free to check it out 8-)
It isn't perfect, and I'm certainly not 100% finished with it yet. I explain everything in the write-up.
"Information is not knowledge." – Albert Einstein

teezythakidd

by teezythakidd » April 25th, 2015

As I mentioned in the write-up, I stripped a couple of the teeth on the passenger's side vertical adjustment screw.
stripped-screw.png

I've tried to get to it with my ratchet and a wrench, but to no avail. I'm sure I'd be able to get to it if I remove the power steering fluid reservoir (or at least get it out of its holder for a second). It looks like its held in by one of those bastard clips I'm always whining about lol.
08accord_4cylengine.jpg
08accord_4cylengine.jpg (58.89 KiB) Viewed 22285 times

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » April 27th, 2015

Really? Going to link to DA instead of posting the write up here? Tsk tsk.

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » April 27th, 2015

Also, a Phillips head screwdriver works on those too, that's what that cutout is for. How'd you strip the teeth?

teezythakidd

by teezythakidd » April 29th, 2015

mcbtay wrote:Really? Going to link to DA instead of posting the write up here? Tsk tsk.

Sorry :( I wanted to play with Bit.ly's analytics! Don't hate me lol.

mcbtay wrote:Also, a Phillips head screwdriver works on those too, that's what that cutout is for. How'd you strip the teeth?

By using a Phillips head screwdriver! Lolol I don't know how I managed to strip a couple of the teeth (I think just 2, but that's more than enough) on the passenger side but none on the driver's side. I've been using the 18" or 19" (whatever) screwdriver I got from Home Depot btw.

Fortunately though I'm able to get my ratchet down in there on the passenger side... takes a LOT of patience though, because having barely an inch of leverage is a pain... literally and figuratively. I have a few small scratches on both hands and arms now (from alternating). Its coming together though! My Morimoto XB H1s (5500k) came in the mail today and I put those in earlier. I'll work on the alignment later on tonight after work and post pics from my phone. Once I have everything perfect, I'll take better pictures with one of my cameras.

teezythakidd

Welp. Looks like I'll be baking my headlights for a third time... yaaayy................................
I WAS legitimately excited to come home and aim the headlights, since I installed the XBs earlier today and obviously couldn't properly aim them since it was broad daylight out.

Anyway..........

This was after I installed the Morimoto XBs... at least I'd like to think everything was properly in place when I was doing this...
IMG_6466.JPG

This....... was after I got home from work tonight.
IMG_6472.JPG

I can't even think of a word or phrase that expresses how frustrated and stressed and hopeless I am now with this project. I'm almost completely over it. Almost. First thing tomorrow morning, I'm gonna get some epoxy so I can seal the shroud to the projector for good. I might as well do the same for both, too.... ugh........ :cry:

teezythakidd

On the bright side, this gives me another opportunity to black out the chrome reflectors...(which I won't)

I'm still miffed about this though.

teezythakidd

by teezythakidd » April 30th, 2015

Fixed... Alignment and stuff coming later yay.. blah Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk