Tein EDFC on BC Racing Coilovers.
Bags, coilover, and springs. Need rotors or pads? Want to do a BBK conversion?

Big LrG

Tein EDFC on BC Racing Coilovers.

by Big LrG » February 22nd, 2016

Been contemplating on either rebuilding my current BC coilovers with SWIFT springs and external reservoirs or to purchase TEIN Street Advance and apply EDFC and rebuild BC's in the mean time. to keep drive-ability so I don't have to rush the build before first track session. My joy and priority with the car is track-able and street-able. But mainly track-able with adjustments on the fly.

Prior Experience on BC Racing BR Series:
I've been on my current set of BC coilovers since 09'. I've managed to put 105k DAILY DRIVEN miles on this set included with track time during the summer and Michigan winters (Winter season until March 2014). Abusing these things on the track I have never had any issues with the system. In fact I called BC late last fall (2015) for an inquire on some components, told him the current mileage on them and he was shocked and surprised from the amount of abuse I've but them through. I stay on top of cleaning them with soap and water and cleaning the threads early and late summer. Besides that I haven't done any major maintenance to them.

Long story short I have no complaints about the quality, build and reliability of the system. I have been in a deep toss up of a few options: Rebuilding my current BR Series and converting to a ER series, purchase and try out the TEIN Street Advance coilover system then "maybe" rebuild the BC Racing and do God knows what, or purchase a brand new ER Series set-up to have less down time, but less $$$ in the pockets.

Why Not Go With Airbags?
My answer is simple and straight to the point, I don't want to.

BC Racing Coilover Options:

BR Series
The BR Series is the standard option for our vehicle application. It allows a 30-way dual adjustment in a single knob of Rebound and Compression. Height adjustment by shock rather than adjustment by spring (adjustment by spring is ran on the TEIN system) This kit is more suitable for an occasional track day and/or autocross. Mainly typical street driving.

ER Series
The ER Series is designed to give the driver more adjust ability by introducing an external reservoir that house a second piston. The external reservoir allows the oil to dissipate heat quicker. The additional benefit of the 2nd reservoir is for independent adjustment of the 30-clicks of rebound and 30-clicks of compression. This allows you to fine tune the rebound and compression individually to hone in on the reaction of the suspension. The additional (2nd) reservoir can be mounted on the shock body or the chassis.

TEIN EDFC:

Capabilities of TEIN EDFC
More info to come.

Linked Documents:
How To Check For EDFC Adaptability: http://www.tein.co.jp/e/products/new_edfctejun.html

EDFC Active Pro Info: http://www.tein.com/products/edfc_active_pro.html

BC Racing Custom Build Coilovers: https://store.nexternal.com/bcracing/bc-racing-coilover-with-custom-options-p2437.aspx
To custom build a ER Series for the Accord with SWIFT springs the damage is $1,900.
Last edited by Big LrG on February 23rd, 2016, edited 2 times in total.
08' Alabaster Silver Coupe V6

jman64cola

Re: Tein EDFC on BC Racing Coilovers.

by jman64cola » February 23rd, 2016

I'm quite interested in this and look forward to seeing how this goes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
08 accord coupe EX-L NAV Manuel 5 speed
mods: Enkei gp5 18x8 : 3p air lift : Greddy cat back exhaust : j-power rear camber kit : sti lip : mugen rep grill : trunk and roof lip spoiler: H & R 25 mm spacers in rear: ebay intake : k tuner end user tune : skunk 2 down pipe : custom ebonized oak wood floor trunk : :lol: :lol: :lol: