Megan ez coilover noise
Bags, coilover, and springs. Need rotors or pads? Want to do a BBK conversion?

Salopez91

Megan ez coilover noise

by Salopez91 » February 19th, 2016

What's up everyone. I'm having an issue that I've had for over a year now with my right rear coilover. I have the Megan ez's. They squeak and clunk and I'm unable to make it stop. Tried to adjust stuffiness, adjust load on spring. Nothing seems to work, if even lubed moving components. Does anyone know if I can purchase one new one or know someone from Megan I can speak to. It's getting annoying even more so now that I drive it more often. I'm located in azusa, CA. Thanks in advance for everyone's help on the matter.

mcbtay
Site Admin

Re: Megan ez coilover noise

by mcbtay » February 19th, 2016

Our8thGens is a Megan dealer -- so worst case scenario we can put you in touch with someone to help you.

Have you tried tightening the middle bolt? The one the dampening adjusters go into? I know some people have tightened that and had better luck with the noise. From what I understand though, some clunking in the rear is pretty normal on Megans.

DISCLAIMER: I don't and never have owned Megans so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Salopez91

Yeah I've done all of that. In my opinion it has to be something defective reason being that when I adjust the spring rate and it is seated in a certain way the clunk goes away for awhile but comes back eventually. I'm just hoping if i replace it the noise goes away.

jman64cola

by jman64cola » February 19th, 2016

That's your top hat nut that is loose. It is a common problem that seems to happen. What you need to do it have that nut tightened down and it git rid of the noise and clunking. I did it with a impact gun and short burst till it was tight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
08 accord coupe EX-L NAV Manuel 5 speed
mods: Enkei gp5 18x8 : 3p air lift : Greddy cat back exhaust : j-power rear camber kit : sti lip : mugen rep grill : trunk and roof lip spoiler: H & R 25 mm spacers in rear: ebay intake : k tuner end user tune : skunk 2 down pipe : custom ebonized oak wood floor trunk : :lol: :lol: :lol:

Salopez91

I'm going to look at it again and hope it's that. If that's the case then I'll probably apply some lock tight so it won't loosen up again.

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » February 19th, 2016

Salopez91 wrote:I'm going to look at it again and hope it's that. If that's the case then I'll probably apply some lock tight so it won't loosen up again.

Good idea! Let us know if that helps your issue!

Salopez91

Thanks everyone for your input, I'll update later today when done looking over the coilover.

TyCurtOrm

by TyCurtOrm » June 11th, 2016

jman64cola wrote:That's your top hat nut that is loose. It is a common problem that seems to happen. What you need to do it have that nut tightened down and it git rid of the noise and clunking. I did it with a impact gun and short burst till it was tight.

Is this the nut that is under the dampening adjustment knob? Do you tighten it down while still on the car or do I need to take to coilover off before I tighten it?

I have some clunking coming from my front drivers side and I'm wondering if this is the problem
'08 Nighthawk Black Pearl LX Sedan

Mods:
Megan EZ Street Coilovers
SPC 3-arm camber kit
Thule roof rack
Nexus 7 Tab in OEM GPS location

jman64cola

by jman64cola » June 12th, 2016

I would check everything else first it's more common for the rears to clunk. But use the nut under the knob. And for the fronts yoy should be able to do it while it's on the car.

08 accord coupe EX-L NAV Manuel 5 speed
mods: Enkei gp5 18x8 : 3p air lift : Greddy cat back exhaust : j-power rear camber kit : sti lip : mugen rep grill : trunk and roof lip spoiler: H & R 25 mm spacers in rear: ebay intake : k tuner end user tune : skunk 2 down pipe : custom ebonized oak wood floor trunk : :lol: :lol: :lol: