Advice for Anti-Roll kits
Bags, coilover, and springs. Need rotors or pads? Want to do a BBK conversion?

vega.gio21

Advice for Anti-Roll kits

by vega.gio21 » January 7th, 2016

Ok, so I have a 2012 LX-S coupe, and pretty much the only customizations I made to it so far is are sub-woofer/amp install, and a shift boot, and knob (Sad, I know). I also received a foot well light kit but yet to install.

Anyways, I've been doing research on performance parts, and then I finally decided "why the hell not". A couple days ago I purchased a set of Eibach Sportline springs, and they were delivered tonight!

Too go along with the springs I looking at anti-roll bars, braces, and what not.

I just want to ask for any personal experience or feedback with such products (good or bad) to steer me in the right direction.

Any kind of feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jman64cola

Re: Advice for Anti-Roll kits

by jman64cola » January 9th, 2016

a cheap and very effective upgrade is swapping out the rear sway bar for a tsx 19mm bar, its a good step up from the factory but not so stiff that it gives you driving problems. the tsx bar is a direct replacement to the accords. all you need is the bar and 2 bushings to mount it back to the frame. if your looking for something a bit more there are aftermarket ones around but be careful not to increase the rear to much and then not do the front otherwise you will cause your car to handle unsafely.
08 accord coupe EX-L NAV Manuel 5 speed
mods: Enkei gp5 18x8 : 3p air lift : Greddy cat back exhaust : j-power rear camber kit : sti lip : mugen rep grill : trunk and roof lip spoiler: H & R 25 mm spacers in rear: ebay intake : k tuner end user tune : skunk 2 down pipe : custom ebonized oak wood floor trunk : :lol: :lol: :lol:

vega.gio21

by vega.gio21 » January 9th, 2016

jman64cola wrote:a cheap and very effective upgrade is swapping out the rear sway bar for a tsx 19mm bar

I'm assuming that from the 2009-2014 TSX model??

vega.gio21

by vega.gio21 » January 25th, 2016

jman64cola wrote:a cheap and very effective upgrade is swapping out the rear sway bar for a tsx 19mm bar, its a good step up from the factory but not so stiff that it gives you driving problems. the tsx bar is a direct replacement to the accords. all you need is the bar and 2 bushings to mount it back to the frame. if your looking for something a bit more there are aftermarket ones around but be careful not to increase the rear to much and then not do the front otherwise you will cause your car to handle unsafely.

Update:

I decided to go the aftermarket route, and I ordered a 20mm RSB from ST suspension.
(I believe the Part # is ST 51138)

This part comes with 2 different mounting points to adjust it's rigidity. Just to be on the safe side I plan on mounting it on the more rigid of the 2 options. And yes, I know ride quality will be affected (obviously).

I'm still waiting for delivery though

vega.gio21

by vega.gio21 » January 29th, 2016

IT HAS ARRIVED! I feel like a kid on Christmas Day! Lol

As you can see in the photo this item did not include grease, or the mounting hardware. I'm assuming I reuse the hardware currently on my car??? I'm definitely calling to verify.

jman64cola

by jman64cola » January 29th, 2016

Yep reuse the oem parts just swap the bushings and the bar. And as for grease I never put any on mine and I still have yet to hear any noise. But if you want you can put it on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
08 accord coupe EX-L NAV Manuel 5 speed
mods: Enkei gp5 18x8 : 3p air lift : Greddy cat back exhaust : j-power rear camber kit : sti lip : mugen rep grill : trunk and roof lip spoiler: H & R 25 mm spacers in rear: ebay intake : k tuner end user tune : skunk 2 down pipe : custom ebonized oak wood floor trunk : :lol: :lol: :lol:

heliacosta10

by heliacosta10 » February 4th, 2016

Let me know how it goes! I want to do the same to mine!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

vega.gio21

by vega.gio21 » February 4th, 2016

heliacosta10 wrote:Let me know how it goes! I want to do the same to mine!

Most definitely! I plan on waiting until after the snow season is over though

vega.gio21

by vega.gio21 » April 24th, 2016

Update: Snow season is officially gone. I plan on going in for a routine service and then installing these parts. I'm also considering purchasing a set of TruHart lowering shocks to accompany the Eibach springs I bought. I was shopping around and found what I think is a decent price
http://www.throwdownperformance.com/truhart/truhart-sport-shocks/thh509/i-1974923.aspx
The springs are only a 1.5" drop in the Front, and 1.4"R.

Would it even be worth it the investment with that little of a drop?

valiantsethan

by valiantsethan » May 3rd, 2016

We are a sponsor on this forum. If you need any suspension pieces, pm me. We have over 500+ aftermarket brands. We price match and beat. http://www.valiantsracing.com/brands
Huge selection of over 100,000 aftermarket performance parts. Free shipping on in-stock items over $99. Same Day Shipping before 5pm EST weekdays and we will price match against any legitimate retailer! Like and follow us on Facebook and Instagram. http://facebook.com/valiantsracing @valiantsracing

http://www.valiantsracing.com