Fender Liners on Lowered Cars
Bags, coilover, and springs. Need rotors or pads? Want to do a BBK conversion?

TyCurtOrm

Fender Liners on Lowered Cars

by TyCurtOrm » November 1st, 2015

Question for all you you slammed folks out there. Were you able to keep your fender liners in (especially the front)? How were you able to keep them in AND roll your fenders? I

I want to go lower and get spacers but i'll have to roll my fenders and i'm not sure how to roll them and also keep the liners in tact.
'08 Nighthawk Black Pearl LX Sedan

Mods:
Megan EZ Street Coilovers
SPC 3-arm camber kit
Thule roof rack
Nexus 7 Tab in OEM GPS location

C8G

Re: Fender Liners on Lowered Cars

by C8G » November 1st, 2015

mine is fairly low, the lip of my front wheels is less than an inch from the fender and my liners are completely fine except some slight wear from turns and whatnot. I cut off those protruding tabs that hold the fender liner and the liner doesnt slump or anything. Not a huge worry honestly, and if you ever did want to replace the liners, theyre pretty cheap.

TyCurtOrm

by TyCurtOrm » November 2nd, 2015

C8G wrote:mine is fairly low, the lip of my front wheels is less than an inch from the fender and my liners are completely fine except some slight wear from turns and whatnot. I cut off those protruding tabs that hold the fender liner and the liner doesnt slump or anything. Not a huge worry honestly, and if you ever did want to replace the liners, theyre pretty cheap.

Are your fenders rolled? I'm about the same height as you but I want to go lower and I haven't rolled my fenders yet cause I don't need to. But you kinda answered my question cause I wasn't sure if the liner would stay in without using those tabs
'08 Nighthawk Black Pearl LX Sedan

Mods:
Megan EZ Street Coilovers
SPC 3-arm camber kit
Thule roof rack
Nexus 7 Tab in OEM GPS location

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » November 4th, 2015

I trimmed the liner very little when I was static. Just enough to remove the liner around the tabs and bend the tabs up by hand. Since I've bagged I've had my fronts rolled completely flat, but have changed nothing about my liner. I'd like to keep all the dirt out of my engine bay that I can!