2015 TLX 25.4mm RSB upgrade
Bags, coilover, and springs. Need rotors or pads? Want to do a BBK conversion?

indodarknight

2015 TLX 25.4mm RSB upgrade

by indodarknight » April 29th, 2015

the answer to the question of it fitting our car, is YES IT DOES!!!

I order the rsb and the bushings (you will need to order 2) from: Bernardi Parts
just clink on the links and type in the part# on search

TLX rsb 25.4mm:
52300-TZ3-A51
TLX rsb bushings
52306-TZ3-A01 (2x)

http://acura.bernardiparts.com/SearchOptionsV7.aspx?Search=MODEL&ModelID=acura-tlx-parts

next,

I also upgraded my endlinks since my oem one broke off, click on the link to go to their site:

Moog endlinks:
Moog-K750152 (driver)
Moog-K750153 (passenger)

http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/products.asp?cat=24284

now to picture and some help on installing (WARNING: the TLX RSB will touch the rear subframe of the car, you will need to put a bit of force to make it fit)

^^^ where ever the bar is meeting that subframe, is where its touching,

I had to pull quite a bit to make it fit (gap was about 1") but if i did it by myself using a C-clamp to close in on the gap and bolt it down, if you have a buddy to help, you should have no issue

so far, I don't hear any noise of scraping or squeacking from touching the sub frame, so I think it should be ok

here are the comparison pictures of the 2 rsb (mine is coupe i4)

and here is an easy way to take off the endlinks from the car:

make sure you use the right size tool, so you don't strip that top part of the endlinks, if you do, you'll have to use vicegrip to take em off

well,

I've done the test drive and I'll admit that it almost eliminate most of the understeer that fwd have, and I'm enjoying the back road a lot more :D

noted* you can also upgrade to many other RSB but for the price I paid for these, I'm very happy with the result

here is a pix of my car just because...

^^^ that brembo though ;)
:roll: stock 6-6, YAY! / its so SLOW / need a FASTER car / WHEEL whore/ save the MANUAL / in need of BOOST! again... :lol:

coolblue

Re: 2015 TLX 25.4mm RSB upgrade

by coolblue » April 29th, 2015

Niiice man...
Honda Accord Coupe EX-L I4
Belize Blue Pearl
Instagram • kulblue
Build Thread • CoolBlue™
FaceBook • CoolBlue™

kevtheo1191

by kevtheo1191 » April 30th, 2015

how much force/pressure is it putting on the rear subframe? any worries about bending or breaking?

staro0989

by staro0989 » April 30th, 2015

Nice! Just out of curiosity, do you run a staggered wheel setup (wider wheel at the rear)? Because if you do, that might be why you are experiencing some understeer. Just a thought.

indodarknight

by indodarknight » April 30th, 2015

coolblue wrote:Niiice man...

thxz

kevtheo1191 wrote:how much force/pressure is it putting on the rear subframe? any worries about bending or breaking?

quite a bit of force, lol... but I've blown a motor at 70k mi, whats a broken rsb, lol... i can always install the stock one back if anything happen to this one

staro0989 wrote:Nice! Just out of curiosity, do you run a staggered wheel setup (wider wheel at the rear)? Because if you do, that might be why you are experiencing some understeer. Just a thought.

I've run stock, same size, staggered, to reverse staggered, they are all the same

i've been through lots of wheels, so understeer is always a problem for us fwd cars... hahaha
:roll: stock 6-6, YAY! / its so SLOW / need a FASTER car / WHEEL whore/ save the MANUAL / in need of BOOST! again... :lol:

staro0989

Oh okay, just checking. With my TL SH-AWD rsb I can experience some very slight oversteer. And it isn't a limitation of the tires either, I am running Michelin PSS tires. Just a word of caution, I know an 09+ TL has experienced a broken rear subframe from the 24mm Progress rsb on Acurazine. It seems to be a one-off incident, but just keep an eye on the rear subframe.

Apple Slicer

by Apple Slicer » April 30th, 2015

https://www.google.com/search?q=acura+2 ... 1&ie=UTF-8

I'd be hesitant to do this upgrade due to strong possibility of breaking the very expensive subframe. Acura guys have hit this snag any larger then 22mm

Apple Slicer

by Apple Slicer » April 30th, 2015

Wow same post at the same time. lol

staro0989

Apple Slicer wrote:Wow same post at the same time. lol

Lol that is quite a coincidence.

indodarknight

by indodarknight » May 1st, 2015

good to know, I'll keep that in mind, thxz for the heads up