350z brembo rotor with stock calipers? :?:
Bags, coilover, and springs. Need rotors or pads? Want to do a BBK conversion?

datchenh

350z brembo rotor with stock calipers? :?:

by datchenh » April 11th, 2015

My stock rotor is dying out and i don't want to buy after market rotors that is OEM size.
I am thinking of using 350z brembo rotors that is 12.7" with the accord OEM calipers. Has anybody done that before? and i know that people are using 350z brembo rotors with RL calipers. Your comments are appreciated. :P

mcbtay
Site Admin

Re: 350z brembo rotor with stock calipers? :?:

by mcbtay » April 13th, 2015

I'm not sure why you would upgrade to a bigger rotor size with the stock calipers. I'm also not sure that you could really fit a much bigger caliper than stock with the factory calipers and the way they mount.

milmast

by milmast » April 14th, 2015

mcbtay I understood the first part of your comment, you lost me on the second.
I could see why you'd want a bigger rotor so you get a larger contact point. Also, if the brake caliper is bitting the rotor farther out from the center of the hub, the better it will brake.
Static Black Accord Coupe
Image milmast YouTube => http://goo.gl/1BsLa9
Image milmast Instagram => http://goo.gl/8MWPBK

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » April 23rd, 2015

milmast wrote:mcbtay I understood the first part of your comment, you lost me on the second.
I could see why you'd want a bigger rotor so you get a larger contact point. Also, if the brake caliper is bitting the rotor farther out from the center of the hub, the better it will brake.

The caliper location will not change. You can't put a bigger rotor on without pushing the calipers out.

ivan_j35z3

by ivan_j35z3 » May 6th, 2015

datchenh wrote:My stock rotor is dying out and i don't want to buy after market rotors that is OEM size.
I am thinking of using 350z brembo rotors that is 12.7" with the accord OEM calipers. Has anybody done that before? and i know that people are using 350z brembo rotors with RL calipers. Your comments are appreciated. :P

I've seen where they do fit but you'll have to shave/cut the rotor a little bit. To me it doesn't feel like its worth the hassle. Looks into EBC brakes. They are really good rotors and good brake improvements. https://www.shopebcbrakes.com/

ricerocket

by ricerocket » May 10th, 2015

Wouldn't work unless you spaced the stock calipers out to make up for the increased diameter of the rotor. If you really wanted better performance out of your brakes why not just invest in good pads and fluids. You'd probably notice MUCH more of a difference from those two things than you would if you were to upgrade to a bigger disc and it would be much less of a hassle.

Plus bigger rotor means more rotational mass which means it takes more effort to slow the car down, so it would probably counter any benefits you'd get from it anyways. That is unless you threw on supporting mods like upgraded calipers or pads. Just my 2 cents..