Alignment after coilover installation
Bags, coilover, and springs. Need rotors or pads? Want to do a BBK conversion?

TyCurtOrm

Alignment after coilover installation

by TyCurtOrm » March 20th, 2015

I recently bought a set of Megan EZ Streets and an SPC 3 arm alignment kit. Front coilovers went in super easy but I ran into a few problems with rear, specifically with the sway bar links being seized up. Finally got the rears in and then moved on to the SPC 3 arm kit. Again, I had a problem with seized up bolts on the toe arms for both sides but eventually got everything installed. The whole process took 3 nights after work! haha

So to my question: How long do I need to let the coilovers settle before I finalize my height and take it in for an alignment? Been driving around terribly out of alignment for 2 days now and I also want to lower it another 1/2 inch assuming it doesn't settle any lower.

Thanks in advance!
'08 Nighthawk Black Pearl LX Sedan

Mods:
Megan EZ Street Coilovers
SPC 3-arm camber kit
Thule roof rack
Nexus 7 Tab in OEM GPS location

jman64cola

by jman64cola » March 20th, 2015

I waited a week on my same setup on my coupe then went in for an alignment. Car did not settle any more than what it did on the first week.

mikeyblu

Re: Alignment after coilover installation

by mikeyblu » March 24th, 2015

let it settle for like 2-3 days and park and flat grounds

Trik444

by Trik444 » March 24th, 2015

Go into Firestone (or somewhere else) and pay the $170 for their lifetime alignment package...that way you can take it in immediately and anytime you need to check specs, lower the car, etc.

jman64cola

by jman64cola » March 24th, 2015

^ exactly what I did

TyCurtOrm

by TyCurtOrm » March 26th, 2015

Trik444 wrote:Go into Firestone (or somewhere else) and pay the $170 for their lifetime alignment package...that way you can take it in immediately and anytime you need to check specs, lower the car, etc.

Sounds like a pretty good idea. Not sure where the closest firestone is to me, i'll have to look it up. Will most places like firestone know how to align using the adjustable arms? I've read stories of some places not having experience with them.

edit: There is a firestone 8 blocks away. Taking it in tomorrow!

Mods:
SPC 3-arm camber kit
Thule roof rack

TyCurtOrm

by TyCurtOrm » April 3rd, 2015

Finally got an alignment today. Got the unlimited at firestone for $149 but I did have a question about it.

I have the 3 arm spc kit and I wanted to get as close to factory specs as possible. They were only able to get the rear to -2.0 degrees and correct me if i'm wrong but the factory spec is -1.0 degree. Does that seem right that he could only get it to -2 degrees or does he not know what he is doing? I by no means am slammed. Lowered maybe 2.25 to 2.5 inches in the rear.

I'm just wondering if the tech wasn't familiar with the SPC kit or iff there is something that needs to be done with the kit that is keeping them from getting full adjustability out of it and getting the camber to spec.

Mods:
SPC 3-arm camber kit
Thule roof rack

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » April 14th, 2015

I was able to get adjusted to stock alignment specs after dropping around 2" with the J-Power kit.

GuMB1

by GuMB1 » July 29th, 2015

id find an reputable alignment shop that have experience with slammed vehicles. Firestone would definitely not be my first choice.

SirMeowington

by SirMeowington » August 4th, 2015

I just lowered my car and had it aligned at Midas. I have adjustable front upper ball joints and the SPC 3 piece in the rear and they had no issues. I knew they had experience with lowered cars because they had the wood near the ramp for lowered cars.