Acura RL & Honda Legend Calipers for 7th & 8th gen Accords Wheel Clearance
Trying to find the perfect tire size for your new wheels? Trying to figure out the offset you need for your desired fitment?

Str2010

Acura RL & Honda Legend Calipers for 7th & 8th gen Accords Wheel Clearance

by Str2010 » April 28th, 2018

Hey guys,

I just wanted to post this on the forums just so it will last longer and may be easier for people who are not apart of the FB group to see. This is the clearance difference between the OEM caliper to the Acura RL & Honda Legend (same car dif countries) Calipers. I hope this will help anyone who is trying to research this upgrade but are concerned with the clearance of these brakes for the wheels they have or intend to get.

Please note that this is my 7th gen coupe 6-6 but the 6-6 coupe from the 7th gen is the only 7th gen that shares the exact same calipers, brackets, & rotors as the 8th gen sedan and coupes so this comparison is 100% same. Feel free to look up the part numbers if you are concerned. Also, the pictures that seem to not be clear or makes no sense, they are just for reference so you see where i started measuring from so you know that the comparsion picture is the same.

For spoke clearance, it seems that the difference is about 2.5 cm's and barrel difference is very minimal so at most it would be 1-2 cm (if i measured incorrectly.) i also forgot to measure the top of the caliper to the bottom so that may affect the barrel size so to be safe, assume you need a 2 cm wider barrel.
Hopefully these pictures don't expire but feel free to contact me in Our8thgen's FB group if they do and you want pictures.

Last note: This is a Honda Legend Caliper so no uplifted portion like the Acura RL which has a uplifted portion and then a further uplifted Acura logo. Please account for that if you get the Acura RL caliper instead of a Honda Legend Caliper. Probably an additional 1-2 cm but you can measure it yourself from the non uplifted part to it just to see how much more cm it is for spoke clearance.