OEM Sedan Trunk Insulation
Show off your interior! Custom seats, aftermarket steering wheels, VIP trays... we want to see it all!

mcbtay
Site Admin

OEM Sedan Trunk Insulation

by mcbtay » November 19th, 2014

On some of the higher trim levels of the car, the trunk has an insulation piece... but it does not come on all models and leaves your trunk looking like:
4NmZ71j.jpg

I bought the kit from College Hills Honda at http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/84630KIT.html. You might can get it a bit cheaper if you can source the part number for the lining and clips seperately.

Install was as easy as could be, and provides a much more finished look. Shutting the trunk even has a more "solid" sound to it after putting this on.
MEKvJEi.jpg

Bigwilly

Re: OEM Sedan Trunk Insulation

by Bigwilly » November 19th, 2014

Looks good man and I agree. My old LX didn't have the liner but my EX does and it is much more finished

mcbtay
Site Admin

Bigwilly wrote:Looks good man and I agree. My old LX didn't have the liner but my EX does and it is much more finished

It's kind of steep for what it really is, but yeah it makes the trunk look much better. Now to get those damn hinge covers!

coolblue

by coolblue » November 19th, 2014

Looks good man... I have it too on my coolblue...
Honda Accord Coupe EX-L I4
Belize Blue Pearl
Instagram • kulblue
Build Thread • CoolBlue™
FaceBook • CoolBlue™

YoLowAccord

by YoLowAccord » November 19th, 2014

the hinge covers are a huge upgrade. Did you contact the company i told you about in tokyo?

mcbtay
Site Admin

YoLowAccord wrote:the hinge covers are a huge upgrade. Did you contact the company i told you about in tokyo?

Not yet. Amayama Trading, right? Do I just contact them and tell them the part numbers i'm looking for?

staro0989

by staro0989 » November 19th, 2014

I just bought this from a member on M8G (not sure if he is a member here). It definitely finishes off the trunk nicely.

Brian

by Brian » November 20th, 2014

mcbtay wrote:
YoLowAccord wrote:the hinge covers are a huge upgrade. Did you contact the company i told you about in tokyo?

Not yet. Amayama Trading, right? Do I just contact them and tell them the part numbers i'm looking for?

I'm looking to get these too. I believe they quoted me less then $40 shipped for both sides.

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » November 20th, 2014

Brian wrote:
mcbtay wrote:

I'm looking to get these too. I believe they quoted me less then $40 shipped for both sides.

I just reached out to them for a quote last night. So far (without any kind of shipping charges) it totalled up to $16.98. Supposedly they'll reach out to me in 1-3 days so we'll see how it goes as far as how much shipping will cost.

coolblue

by coolblue » November 20th, 2014

Where you can buy the hinge covers ? And can fit on coupe?
Honda Accord Coupe EX-L I4
Belize Blue Pearl
Instagram • kulblue
Build Thread • CoolBlue™
FaceBook • CoolBlue™