Vip tray question
Show off your interior! Custom seats, aftermarket steering wheels, VIP trays... we want to see it all!

buchter24

Vip tray question

by buchter24 » November 10th, 2014

Does anyone have a Vip Tray on here? Ive had one for awhile now and cant seem where to put the brackets. i tried to customize something but it wasn't strong enough to hold anything. Any info woud be awesome!
Honda Accord EX-L Sedan i4
Vip Modular VX910
IG: TheGoodBook_ter

mcbtay
Site Admin

Re: Vip tray question

by mcbtay » November 10th, 2014

I don't have one, but part of me kind of wants one. I know Vinh (not sure if he's on the forum yet) had picked up some out of an old Jaguar he planned to put in the rear seats, but I'm not sure whatever came of that.

buchter24

by buchter24 » November 11th, 2014

I have a one from vipdout for the front dash, but there's no where to put the brackets.. I was also planning on getting some trays for the rear seats
Vip Modular VX910

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » November 11th, 2014

buchter24 wrote:I have a one from vipdout for the front dash, but there's no where to put the brackets.. I was also planning on getting some trays for the rear seats

I've been eyeing those trays for a minute, but they're too expensive for me when I got other stuff to do. But I think you're going to have to drill for the brackets, but maybe I'm wrong. No instructions with it?

Brian

by Brian » November 12th, 2014

I want one of these too. I always been a fan of VIP interior.

DOOM

by DOOM » November 12th, 2014

almost pulled the trigger a few times... my main hesitation though is that these just can't be safe for the passenger in a high speed accident.

there are a few ways you could approach mounting - behind and over the horizontal trim piece, behind the glove box door, or even from the foot well up.
Summer: 20" Vossen CV3/Conti | Winter: 19" Genesis Track/GMax | BC Coilovers/SPC | Mugen Kit | Modulo Face | Sarona Roof | Hex Mini/FXR/Fogs Retrofits | Inspire OEM Mirrors/Garnish | Eagle Eyes Trunk/Tails | Full LED | UltraGauge | Takeda | JET MAF | Magnaflow | SprintBooster | UR/Progress | EBC | Duralast Gold | Next: RV6 J-Pipe

buchter24

by buchter24 » November 12th, 2014

DOOM wrote:almost pulled the trigger a few times... my main hesitation though is that these just can't be safe for the passenger in a high speed accident.

there are a few ways you could approach mounting - behind and over the horizontal trim piece, behind the glove box door, or even from the foot well up.

there not safe at all if your in an accident, just for show and thats all i would use it for... and I've tried behind the glove box door but there is no place to put the screws.
Vip Modular VX910

Itz_duhnes

by Itz_duhnes » November 18th, 2014

Gonna have to Macgyver it inside the glove box.

safety wise, yeah not very safe for the passenger during an accident, can't imagine how some guys run detachable steering wheels
instagram: itz_duhnes | San Diego | Level Up Garage | '09 Accord | WEDS Kranze Bazreia
Build what makes you happy
My Build Thread

Brian

by Brian » November 18th, 2014

I looked at these and they don't look that hard to build. Just need to have a Router tool and find somewhere to buy the metal rings/ trim.

buchter24

by buchter24 » November 19th, 2014

Itz_duhnes wrote:Gonna have to Macgyver it inside the glove box.

safety wise, yeah not very safe for the passenger during an accident, can't imagine how some guys run detachable steering wheels

Yea I'll have to sit down one day again and try to come up with something, but yea I agree with you it's deff not something you keep installed while driving, just for shows
Vip Modular VX910