Tinting reverse lights
Exterior and body mods. Lip kits, custom bumpers, different grilles, Inspire conversions... the list goes on!

mynameisntkevin

Tinting reverse lights

by mynameisntkevin » December 9th, 2016

A subtle appearance mod that is way easier than tinting an entire light and IMO better looking as well.

Some things you'll need are:
- Tint
- Spray bottle of water
- Squeegee / Card ( if you use a card put a soft cloth or microfiber to help avoid scratches)
- A piece of paper
- Tape
- Scissors
- A pencil
- Window cleaner or rubbing alcohol

Clean both tail lights completely first before you begin.

Then take the paper and tape it over the reverse light making sure there isn't any slack.

Then take the pencil and trace over the reverse light *make sure you can start to see a line*.

Next cut that sucker out along the lines be as straight as possible.

Now tape it onto the tint and cut your stencil out.

Once you get the stencil cut, take the protective layer off to expose the sticky side and spray the sticky side and reverse light vigorously with water, seriously the wetter the better. Then place it on and position it until your satisfied with where its at.

Now take your squeegee or card and get rid of the excess water underneath and just use a towel to wipe the water away.

And it's as easy as that save your stencil and flip it so you can do the other tail light and just repeat the process. Forewarning this will dim your stock reverse lights and with 25% tint for me it was too hard to see backing up. I got my tint for $5 from amazon and keep in mind theres any color tint you want, which was way better than the unknown quality of the $15 pre-cut overlay and wayyyyy cheaper than going in and getting it done. Try it for yourself and good luck!! 8-)

haydenw08V6

Re: Tinting reverse lights

by haydenw08V6 » December 9th, 2016

That looks so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk