Crome trimming?!??
Exterior and body mods. Lip kits, custom bumpers, different grilles, Inspire conversions... the list goes on!

Direct threat

Crome trimming?!??

by Direct threat » April 10th, 2015

What is the RIGHT way to get rid of the crime trimming on my coupe I cannot stand it. Is there another trim I can buy or do I have to take it off and paint it... How to would be greatly appreciated if so

mcbtay
Site Admin

Re: Crome trimming?!??

by mcbtay » April 10th, 2015

Some people wrap it in vinyl. Others spray it with plastidip. I plastidipped mine one time... Took it off shortly after cause I had done a shitty job haha

bluecoupe09

by bluecoupe09 » April 14th, 2015

I plastidipped mine, and I was happy with my results because I can't stand the chrome trim either.

Since this pic i've also covered the ugly chrome handles too.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (57.75 KiB) Viewed 13836 times

C8G

by C8G » April 14th, 2015

Plasti dipped mine as well. took about two cans, one for each side. Came out alright, probably would have been perfect if I didnt rush it. lol

Direct threat

by Direct threat » May 18th, 2015

bluecoupe09 wrote:I plastidipped mine, and I was happy with my results because I can't stand the chrome trim either.

Since this pic i've also covered the ugly chrome handles too.

did you just tape off everything and then spray or did you get it off somehow? I tried taping it and it just didnt turn out so well. how did you do it?

Ace Alloy

by Ace Alloy » June 15th, 2015

You can always remove them and paint them, however with time you will notice some chipping. Plastidip is always removable and you can always re-do for like $5-6 although it will pretty much be a matte/satin finish.
ACE Alloy Wheel | AMF Forged
http://www.kaneiusa.com