Inspire Mirror Conversion with OEM Switch (Sedan)
Exterior and body mods. Lip kits, custom bumpers, different grilles, Inspire conversions... the list goes on!

mcbtay
Site Admin

Inspire Mirror Conversion with OEM Switch (Sedan)

by mcbtay » November 6th, 2014

NOTE: These are for legitimate Honda mirrors. Pinouts and other wiring may vary if they aren't OEM.

When I first bought my sedan, I knew one of the first things I had to do was get the Inspire mirrors. The all-white look of them just looked so clean to me. After a lot of research and searching, I tracked some down on eBay from seller casakeytw. Great guy and cut me a deal on buying the OEM switch at the same time. I'd highly recommend the switch for an OEM-looking install.

Right after unboxing the mirrors and switch, don't ask about the tweezers

I bolted them up that very same night. All you have to do is pop the sail panel off and there's 3 10mm nuts holding the mirrors on. Unplug the connector and remove the 3 10mm nuts and the whole mirror slides right out. OEM connector plugs right into the Inspire mirrors and retains all power mirror functionality.

Here's a shot of the OEM switch. All of the pinouts are the same as far as power mirror functionality between the factory USDM switch and the folding mirrors.

Some post install pictures:

Wiring
You'll have to custom wire the functionality that our cars don't come with -- the turn signals, and the folding function. The wiring is pretty straight forward but there were a few things that threw me for a loop at first.

I wanted a clean install, so I headed off to the junkyard and cut off a few power mirror connectors from some Hondas as old as 1995. These connectors are exactly like ours, and my plan was to harvest the pins out of them. By doing this, I was able to solder on to the end of my pin, and plug my new "pigtail" directly into the OEM connector.

For the turn signals, I was able to tap into two wires in the drivers side main harness near the fuse box. Note: for some reason or another, the black wire on my passenger side mirror was not a true ground. I fixed this by removing the pin and adding my own new one with a ring terminal on it, and grounding it right there uder the sail panel.
ADD PICTURE OF WIRES HERE

The switch was a little harder to wrap my head around at first. I wasn't able to find an exact match on the pins that go into it's connector, but I found some that I was able to jam in there secure enough. Probably not the best way to go about it, but maybe someone's found the right ones by now. The switch works off of reverse polarity, which if unfamiliar like I was, do some research on what that means. Below I've attached the pinouts of the mirror connector, as well as the wiring diagram for the whole thing.
ADD NEW WIRING DIAGRAM HERE

Inspire_cp3

Re: Inspire Mirror Conversion with OEM Switch (Sedan)

by Inspire_cp3 » November 7th, 2014

Odd.. Mine isn't setup that way.
They are connected to the ignition to open and routed to my lock cylinder to close
Hubby & Wife Owned 8th Gen Sedans
add me: www.Facebook.com/MixFinaTiK ====== search: HondaSociety.com SN: jaydm_cd6
Originally Posted by takezo
you mean Neal Foose!

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » November 7th, 2014

Inspire_cp3 wrote:Odd.. Mine isn't setup that way.
They are connected to the ignition to open and routed to my lock cylinder to close

Sure you can wire them however you'd like. I personally just liked the idea of the switch :)

YoLowAccord

by YoLowAccord » November 7th, 2014

I need these :(

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » November 7th, 2014

YoLowAccord wrote:I need these :(

Hit up that seller I mention above. He may take a day or two to get back to you due to time zone differences, but he was a pretty easy guy to deal with.

Str2010

by Str2010 » November 8th, 2014

Is this the OEM connectors ur talking about? If so, maybe u can add it to ur post for people to have an idea of what to find to get that clean look. I used it too.
Attachments
IMG_20141108_145448.jpg
IMG_20141108_145242.jpg

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » November 8th, 2014

Str2010 wrote:Is this the OEM connectors ur talking about? If so, maybe u can add it to ur post for people to have an idea of what to find to get that clean look. I used it too.

Good find! Those are them. I'll move these up to my post if you don't mind.

Str2010

by Str2010 » November 9th, 2014

Yeah go ahead.

Brian

by Brian » November 13th, 2014

I will be posting a DIY for this after finals! Stay tune for those who are going to run these bad boys!

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » November 13th, 2014

Brian wrote:I will be posting a DIY for this after finals! Stay tune for those who are going to run these bad boys!

Awesome. I unfortunately lost almost all of my photos from my install process or they would be here.