jman64cola’s 08 accord ex-l coupe project over engineered
What all have you modified on your Accord?

jman64cola

Re: jman64cola’s 08 accord ex-l coupe project over engineered

by jman64cola » October 30th, 2015

I used the controller from the retrofit source. Only one you can use with there halos

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
08 accord coupe EX-L NAV Manuel 5 speed
mods: Enkei gp5 18x8 : 3p air lift : Greddy cat back exhaust : j-power rear camber kit : sti lip : mugen rep grill : trunk and roof lip spoiler: H & R 25 mm spacers in rear: ebay intake : k tuner end user tune : skunk 2 down pipe : custom ebonized oak wood floor trunk : :lol: :lol: :lol:

jman64cola

by jman64cola » November 11th, 2015

Picked this up for the accord recently.

Also working with Honda on the oil consumption issues. Will update once I hear back for sure.

mods: Enkei gp5 18x8 : 3p air lift : Greddy cat back exhaust : j-power rear camber kit : sti lip : mugen rep grill : trunk and roof lip spoiler: H & R 25 mm spacers in rear: ebay intake : k tuner end user tune : skunk 2 down pipe : custom ebonized oak wood floor trunk : :lol: :lol: :lol:

jman64cola

by jman64cola » December 15th, 2015

So my car is going into the shop Friday for the rebuild of the motor. Honda is covering the cost of it all.

Also have some plans in the works for it once I get it back, plastics have all been pulled off for my future plans. Stay tuned for a big change.

jman64cola

by jman64cola » December 19th, 2015

Well the accord is officially in the shop now. I'll be picking it up after the new years since I'll be out of the state.

jman64cola

by jman64cola » January 7th, 2016

Picked the accord up. Everything feels good and looks right, time will tell if everything is fixed.

On a side note it looks like something backed into and scraped my rear bumper at the shop, I will be going back today to see what they are going to do to fix it. Image

coolblue

by coolblue » January 11th, 2016

I hope they will fix it for you bro...
Honda Accord Coupe EX-L I4
Belize Blue Pearl
Instagram • kulblue
Build Thread • CoolBlue™
FaceBook • CoolBlue™

almost158

by almost158 » January 12th, 2016

Hope Everything Goes well. I actually just got mine back from the dealer for the oil consumption issue as well. I have about 500 miles on it since and it feels really good, i have been babying it still though because i want everything to wear in properly. Still haven't checked the oil yet but will do that soon.

Now When you say rebuild the motor what all did they do on yours? I talked with the tech fairly often and I guess they just replaced the piston rings. I hope they would check the clearances on each cylinder as well but not sure if they do that, or if the rings they put on are any different than the originals.

Thanks

jman64cola

Re: RE: Re: jman64cola’s 08 accord ex-l coupe project over engineered

by jman64cola » January 12th, 2016

almost158 wrote:Hope Everything Goes well. I actually just got mine back from the dealer for the oil consumption issue as well. I have about 500 miles on it since and it feels really good, i have been babying it still though because i want everything to wear in properly. Still haven't checked the oil yet but will do that soon.

Now When you say rebuild the motor what all did they do on yours? I talked with the tech fairly often and I guess they just replaced the piston rings. I hope they would check the clearances on each cylinder as well but not sure if they do that, or if the rings they put on are any different than the originals.

Thanks

From what I was told and what I've read they do new pistons, rings, and cylinder walls if it needs it. They also do new head bolts and all the gaskets related. And there also are a few odds and ends parts. And yes they size and gap the Pistons properly. that's why mine took so long so they could get the right size pistons in.

jman64cola

by jman64cola » January 12th, 2016

Talked it over with the dealership. They are going to strip the bumper, fix the scratches and repaint it all.

jman64cola

by jman64cola » January 22nd, 2016

Got my car back from the dealership. The bumper has been fixed and painted. It looks great. Now it's time for me to finally start my winter build.