Feedback
Shoot the breeze! We don't have to talk about Accords all the time. Here you'll find the forum rules and be able to enter your car to be on the header photo!

leenacoupe

Re: Feedback

by leenacoupe » November 20th, 2014

I know the forum is still new but I think we should have different region sections to make it easier to filter between locals and non-locals. Therefore we don't have to go through lists to find our regions. Also could be good to post where the next meet, show will be. :) I spoke to one of the admins about it already perhaps others can agree as well :)
@Leenacoupe
Matte White 2009 Honda Accord Coupe
http://www.hotheadzmedia.com
Female Driven

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » November 20th, 2014

leenacoupe wrote:I know the forum is still new but I think we should have different region sections to make it easier to filter between locals and non-locals. Therefore we don't have to go through lists to find our regions. Also could be good to post where the next meet, show will be. :) I spoke to one of the admins about it already perhaps others can agree as well :)

This is definitely something that will be coming in time. How would you like to see the regions broken out? This is what I had in mind:
  • Southeast
  • Northeast
  • Midwest/Heartland
  • Northwest
  • Southwest
  • Something for non-US members

Is that good enough? More? Less? And in each one I plan to have description text outlining which states fall in which category.

leenacoupe

by leenacoupe » November 20th, 2014

mcbtay wrote:
leenacoupe wrote:I know the forum is still new but I think we should have different region sections to make it easier to filter between locals and non-locals. Therefore we don't have to go through lists to find our regions. Also could be good to post where the next meet, show will be. :) I spoke to one of the admins about it already perhaps others can agree as well :)

This is definitely something that will be coming in time. How would you like to see the regions broken out? This is what I had in mind:
  • Southeast
  • Northeast
  • Midwest/Heartland
  • Northwest
  • Southwest
  • Something for non-US members

Is that good enough? More? Less? And in each one I plan to have description text outlining which states fall in which category.

That works or something like how the Bimmerfest forum has it. We can combine both ideas into one. :)

Regional Forums
General discussion and questions about what's going on in your area.
-California
-Great Lakes Region - IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, and WI
-Great Plains & Rocky Mountains Regions
-Mid Atlantic Region - DC, DE, MD, PA, VA, and WV
-New England Region - MA, ME, NH, RI, and VT
-NY / NJ / CT
-Pacific Northwest Region - AK, HI, ID, OR, and WA
-Southeast Regional - AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, and TN
-Southwest Regional - AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, and UT
-Canada
@Leenacoupe
Matte White 2009 Honda Accord Coupe
http://www.hotheadzmedia.com
Female Driven

amanda2519

by amanda2519 » December 2nd, 2014

I agree with all of the feedback above, especially the regional forums!

I'd like a way to identify the owner of the accords being featured at the top of the page (assuming they're members). Maybe a signature/watermark on the image or the ability to click the pic and go to the member's profile?

At the end of the day though, I'm just grateful that we have a forum again! Thank you to everyone involved with making this happen!
@amanda2519

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » December 2nd, 2014

Good feedback for sure. Regional section is definitely coming soon. I didn't want to have a bunch of empty forums when I was trying to gather people, but we're getting to the number of users where I think we could use it.

The cover image idea is definitely a good suggestion! All of the photos up there were submitted to me by users. I can't guarantee all of the cars up there are members here, as some shots have multiple cars, but there were either members in the shot or behind the lens. Let me see what I can do about automatically linking to the profiles, that would be pretty nifty!

And thank you, we appreciate your support

Bigwilly

by Bigwilly » December 5th, 2014

cover image link to the profile it definitely a cool idea!

jman64cola

by jman64cola » February 3rd, 2015

tap-talk no linger works for accessing the forum. just fyi
08 accord coupe EX-L NAV Manuel 5 speed
mods: Enkei gp5 18x8 : 3p air lift : Greddy cat back exhaust : j-power rear camber kit : sti lip : mugen rep grill : trunk and roof lip spoiler: H & R 25 mm spacers in rear: ebay intake : k tuner end user tune : skunk 2 down pipe : custom ebonized oak wood floor trunk : :lol: :lol: :lol:

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » February 4th, 2015

jman64cola wrote:tap-talk no linger works for accessing the forum. just fyi

Resolved that just a few minutes ago. Let me know if you're having trouble. During my upgrade over the weekend I had done everything except click the "Enable" button. :lol: