Grinding upon start up and while driving upon somewhat cold start (VTC ACTUATOR?)
Shoot the breeze! We don't have to talk about Accords all the time. Here you'll find the forum rules and be able to enter your car to be on the header photo!

ChrisB8thgen

Grinding upon start up and while driving upon somewhat cold start (VTC ACTUATOR?)

by ChrisB8thgen » May 3rd, 2015

When i start my car in the morning on a cold start it makes a grinding noise and after maybe 5 minutes of letting it warm up or so id drive it and when i would accelerate out of a turn (no im not romping it lol, maybe 10-25% throttle) it makes a grinding sound. Anyone else have this problem, ive looked it up and ive been reading up something about a VTC Actuator but i want to be sure. Also if you had this problem and had it fixed at the dealership did power train warranty cover it?
2011 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S

Follow me on Instragram! @chrisbafia

ChrisB8thgen

Re: Grinding upon start up and while driving upon somewhat cold start (VTC ACTUATOR?)

by ChrisB8thgen » May 3rd, 2015

btw i have a 2011 I4

mcbtay
Site Admin

Re: Grinding upon start up and while driving upon somewhat cold start (VTC ACTUATOR?)

by mcbtay » May 4th, 2015

This sounds VERY reminiscent of the VTC actuator issue. But I believe it was resolved for the 2012 models (which is what I have). Since I've never experienced it, I can't say for sure, but that's definitely what it sounds like.

ChrisB8thgen

by ChrisB8thgen » May 4th, 2015

Contacted my dealership, they say they thinks its the VTC actuator but they're not sure. If it is they cant replace it for some bullshit reason saying Honda is going through a recall or something soon but i doubt it. Gotta find out tomorrow i guess

ChrisB8thgen

by ChrisB8thgen » May 5th, 2015

found out my car was low on oil... i did a oil change 1.5k miles ago also... They said there gonna check if its burning oil and to come back after 1k miles