Let's Talk About Insurance.. Oh boy
Shoot the breeze! We don't have to talk about Accords all the time. Here you'll find the forum rules and be able to enter your car to be on the header photo!

milmast

by milmast » April 24th, 2015

So I got a call a week ago saying that my insurance is going to be going up because of my driving record. I have a few tickets, *cough* 7 on record *cough* and starting next month my insurance will be going from 3400 a year to 10377 a year. Theres no way in hell i'll be paying that because well, i'm still a student and can't exactly afford to drop 890 bucks a month just to insurance, not to mention gas, maintenance, going out, food, drinks, etc.. My insurance is going to go down to a reasonable price in a year and a half as all of my tickets will be off my record at that point. So....

So I have a few questions for you guys to answer if you don't mind :)

What do you guys pay for your insurance?
Who are you with?
How many tickets do you have on your record?
Any suggestions for me other than to slow down, which I have been doing for the past few months.
Static Black Accord Coupe
Image milmast YouTube => http://goo.gl/1BsLa9
Image milmast Instagram => http://goo.gl/8MWPBK

Jonkassidy

Re: Let's Talk About Insurance.. Oh boy

by Jonkassidy » April 25th, 2015

Jeez! $890 a month? I thought mine was bad at $215 a month for my Accord and my Tacoma. I'm with Mercury Ins and have been for years, I shop around every year but nobody can beat Mercurys rate. It used to only be $165 a month but I got into an accident and also got a ticket for the accident. I have a Class A license so in Ca I can't go to traffic school for for tickets and my fines are just about doubled because in the states eye I'm a professional driver.
There's no way I would ever pay 10grand a year for insurance! I would drop your insurance and park your car for a year and a half , take the money you'll be saving on car expenses and put it in the bank. Get yourself an electric bike and use that to get around. 10grand for insurance is nuts!
7 tickets? How the heck do you even still have a license to drive?

jman64cola

by jman64cola » April 25th, 2015

Wow that's crazzy expensive. I'm 24 years old with 1 ticket on my record (82 in a 65) 2 years ago and I only pay 92 a month with 3 grand in aftermarket parts coverage. Full coverage on my 08 accord couple exl nav. This is through geico.
08 accord coupe EX-L NAV Manuel 5 speed
mods: Enkei gp5 18x8 : 3p air lift : Greddy cat back exhaust : j-power rear camber kit : sti lip : mugen rep grill : trunk and roof lip spoiler: H & R 25 mm spacers in rear: ebay intake : k tuner end user tune : skunk 2 down pipe : custom ebonized oak wood floor trunk : :lol: :lol: :lol:

teezythakidd

by teezythakidd » June 4th, 2015

Holy smokes that's like a 205% increase! That's mad!! What is your actual plan? Gonna stay with your insurer or go with someone else? That massive increase would be far too much for me. Then again, I probably wouldn't be driving if I had even 3 tickets on my record lol save myself the paranoia and humiliation until everything is cleared up

I turn 21 next month. Full coverage and insured with Allstate (actually listed as an operator on the policy). Clean record. IIRC it's about $120-$130/month for my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Information is not knowledge." – Albert Einstein

ChrisB8thgen

by ChrisB8thgen » June 5th, 2015

Yeah insurance in Canada sucks. I have a few friends that live there Toronto and they pay way too much. My insurance is under my dads name and im considered the "secondary" driver and i pay roughly $430 every six months.
2011 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S

Follow me on Instragram! @chrisbafia

SirMeowington

by SirMeowington » June 20th, 2015

That's insane that they would charge someone that much. I had a friend who was in five accidents that were his fault and his insurance still wasn't even close to that.

For me, mine is like 180 a month but that's renters insurance and my car. I have a ton of discounts too. I have mine through State Farm. One thing you can do is see if you can get a good student discount, cause I currently have that and it saves a nice amount. You could also see if your insurance would lower your rate if you did a safe drivers course or something like that.

jman64cola

by jman64cola » June 21st, 2015

My cousin just had his 3rd accident in a year and now is over 300 a month for liability for his 4000 dollar car. He's 17.
08 accord coupe EX-L NAV Manuel 5 speed
mods: Enkei gp5 18x8 : 3p air lift : Greddy cat back exhaust : j-power rear camber kit : sti lip : mugen rep grill : trunk and roof lip spoiler: H & R 25 mm spacers in rear: ebay intake : k tuner end user tune : skunk 2 down pipe : custom ebonized oak wood floor trunk : :lol: :lol: :lol:

SirMeowington

by SirMeowington » June 22nd, 2015

Thats still a lot better than 10 grand a year. I would take the bus everywhere is someone want me to pay 10 grand to drive a year. Thats a lot of money that could be spent on car parts.

Rx7matt

by Rx7matt » July 25th, 2015

I'm 30 and for my 2011 coupe and my wife escape we pay 200 a month with usaa

authenicc

by authenicc » July 26th, 2015

As in an Insurance Agent... no one pays the same there is a lot of factors that influence price such as but not limited too...zip code/age/ id/state/ #ofdrivers/#of vehicles/company/student discounts/military discounts/previous insurance/length of time you've continuously been insured/ automatic withdrawal/driving record...