very loud intake all of a sudden
Shoot the breeze! We don't have to talk about Accords all the time. Here you'll find the forum rules and be able to enter your car to be on the header photo!

jman64cola

very loud intake all of a sudden

by jman64cola » February 7th, 2015

OK so i think something weird is going on with my accord today.

i started it up like normal in the morning, in my heated garage, start going down the road and i notice once i get on the main roads that the intake is SUPER LOUD. almost like vtec is stuck on.

but the car runs smooth
has all the same power no hesitation
intake piping is all good (i do have a sri but I've had it for a year and know what it normally sounds like)
no check engine code, i even scanned it at first break to see if any were hidden
oil level is good
i had no problems yesterday when i left work

now i cant tell if vtec is truthfully engaging after 5 grand like normal since the roads were a bit slick this morning and i was losing traction in second after 4 grand.

once i get out of work I'm going to take it for a test drive on the high way and see what else i can find.

anyone experience anything like this before?
08 accord coupe EX-L NAV Manuel 5 speed
mods: Enkei gp5 18x8 : 3p air lift : Greddy cat back exhaust : j-power rear camber kit : sti lip : mugen rep grill : trunk and roof lip spoiler: H & R 25 mm spacers in rear: ebay intake : k tuner end user tune : skunk 2 down pipe : custom ebonized oak wood floor trunk : :lol: :lol: :lol:

jman64cola

by jman64cola » February 24th, 2015

So update. The cause of this is a stretched timing chain caused by the vtc actuator problem these accords all seem to have. I did finally get a check engine code of p0341 which is a cam gear out of range. This would lead you to belive the sensor is failing but in reality it's saying that the cams are out of time with the crank. This could have been very bad because a stretched timing chain is very likely to snap at any time and cause major valve damage. So if you get these symptoms. Have the car looked at to check the timing of the engine.