Hello from San Diego
Do you have a coupe or sedan? I4 or V6? Stock, slammed, track car?

Sloane_2012

Hello from San Diego

by Sloane_2012 » March 7th, 2016

Hello everyone, my name's Patrick. I recently bought "Sloane" my 2012 Honda Accord EX Sedan. She's completely stock (at the moment) but she won't be in the future. She's an I4, automatic BTW (I'm lazy, and I drive in a lot of traffic Haha.) I joined the forum to get some ideas, perspectives and second opinions on some ideas and things I wanted to add to her, and I think I came to the right place. I have very little car knowledge probably just enough to have a basic conversation but I hope to learn more as time goes on. I'm open to any ideas, feedback and criticism that you all might have. I can say I made a great investment because when doing my research on the 8th gen's IMO they're probably the best generation of Accords that Honda made. I look forward to being apart of this forum.

Thank You all.
Patrick & Sloane :D
Attachments
IMG_1395.JPG

Big LrG

Re: Hello from San Diego

by Big LrG » March 8th, 2016

Welcome! Many different styles and taste from those on the forum, you'll fit right in!
08' Alabaster Silver Coupe V6

jman64cola

by jman64cola » March 8th, 2016

welcome, car looks great. any ideas on what you would like to do to your car?
08 accord coupe EX-L NAV Manuel 5 speed
mods: Enkei gp5 18x8 : 3p air lift : Greddy cat back exhaust : j-power rear camber kit : sti lip : mugen rep grill : trunk and roof lip spoiler: H & R 25 mm spacers in rear: ebay intake : k tuner end user tune : skunk 2 down pipe : custom ebonized oak wood floor trunk : :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sloane_2012

by Sloane_2012 » March 8th, 2016

I plan on adding; 1) a spoiler, 2 ) new spyder black halo headlights, 3) some new led tail lights from Mars Performance (that also have the lighting on the quite useless red "reflector" on the trunk) 4) a takeda short ram intake to give her some growl and give her some "cojones." 5) Plasti dip the rims black (until I save up for some aftermarket rims and the same with coil overs (when the stock struts finally go out). 6) Change out all the lighting in the cabin with LED lighting, 7) put some VTEC stickers on her (like the ones that are found on the civic si's) 8) Lower the tint on the rear and rear passenger windows, and also add tint to the passenger window along with the drivers window (probably a 30%). 9) Add a Viper alarm and engine started on her (I want to remote key less start).

Probably some of the few mods I can think of off the top of my head. I've got a list of things for her. I plan on keeping her for the next 10 years or so, or when I finally have enough saved up for an Inifiniti Q50S hahaha

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » April 20th, 2016

Welcome to Our8thGens! Glad to have you here. As far as the headlights, I'd avoid the spyders unless you truly want them for the way they look. If you want to increase your lighting performance, I'd strongly recommend retrofitting projectors from The Retrofit Source into your factory headlights.

8thG619

by 8thG619 » April 20th, 2016

Welcome to the group! It's good seeing another 8th gen from SD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C4 president

by C4 president » April 27th, 2016

woot woot san diego here too.

mcbtay
Site Admin

by mcbtay » May 2nd, 2016

8thG619 wrote:Welcome to the group! It's good seeing another 8th gen from SD

C4 president wrote:woot woot san diego here too.

Quite a few from the San DIego area on the Facebook group I believe!