2012 V6 Coupe - 4,5,6 Mis-fire
Engine and performance mods to make your Accord more racekar.

2012accordv6

2012 V6 Coupe - 4,5,6 Mis-fire

by 2012accordv6 » July 11th, 2017

If this is previously posted please point me to that thread.

I have a 2012 Accord coupe V6 EX-L. I took it to the Honda dealer in Slidell, LA to get a misfire looked at and and flashing CEL (not a solid light, goes off when car is restarted). It started misfiring just one single misfire every minute or so while sitting still. Now, after heavy acceleration, it will end up misfiring so bad it feels like it is going to die and sputters when you take off from a stop. They told me my car was not part of the big recall/TSB they put out about cylinders 1-4 fouling and misfiring so I am lost. Right now I am misfiring on all 3 front cylinders (4,5,6). The dealer said I need to adjust valves? Car has 80,200 miles on it. We changed plugs AND coils just to do the "quick" easy fix and it still misfired. There also now is a small RANDOM knock-ISH for about 3-5 seconds, but this has only happened 2 times but I was trying to list EVERY LITTLE THING I knew that happened.

Does anyone know of anything else to check before I tear my motor apart to do the valve adjustment? Of course this starts right when I post my car for sale! So mad because I am selling to get out of debt, NOT selling because its broken. Now I am stuck. Any help is appreciated!!

Josh

2012accordv6

Re: 2012 V6 Coupe - 4,5,6 Mis-fire

by 2012accordv6 » August 10th, 2017

I would like to update everyone. Thank you #1 for responding. Its hard to get responses on here. Has the heart of the Accord died? lol. Anywho,My misfiring was from faulty RV6 HFPCs. They were installed last year around March. The insides were crumbling out of the cats and the interior had pushed to the outlet hole and jammed it up good. I am so irritated bc (last I spoke with them and they may help more if I send pictures?) RV6 said I had to ship them back, pay $150, he cuts his bolt ends off, sends the cat to Magnaflow for inspection, if it is approved I get rebuilt ones and $100 of the $150 back. I can understand paying shipping there but to also pay for repairs too? He said its from my Takeda intake not judging the intake air well enough. He said probably bc they hand weld the MAF port in. Is this REALLY their replacement policy and why did it only last a year and a half TOPS? Errrggg