Exhaust?
Engine and performance mods to make your Accord more racekar.

FNcrazy

Exhaust?

by FNcrazy » June 22nd, 2016

I've seen posts about i4's, but I've got a 08 V6 ex-l.

I'd prefer to install something, most likely exhaust, for one, to increase just a bit of HP. Main reason is I want a little (not a lot) more noise and perhaps some throatiness.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

brianhxnguyen

Re: Exhaust?

by brianhxnguyen » June 22nd, 2016

Performance gains from most exhaust come from a somewhat larger piping and how smooth the bends are i.e. mandrel bending vs. crush bending. Mufflers and resonators won't really improve your HP in any noticeable or significant way. Your best bet is to get an exhaust from a company who manufactures exhausts like Greddy, Magnaflow, etc. My vehicle was a test vehicle for both companies, which have developed exhausts for mass production off my car. Magnaflow recently developed a quad exhaust for me, but hasn't produced it yet for some reason. I can safely say that there is some level of performance gain over stock with it, and the tone is deep and throaty... which is my general experience with Magnaflow. The exhaust is for sale also, which I should probably make a post on here about soon.

2012accordv6

by 2012accordv6 » June 22nd, 2016

I have a 2012 V6. I have a Takeda intake, magna flow cat back exhaust (when bought said only fits 08-10 but mine is perfect), high flow cats, throttlebody spacer, I have also put Megan EZ Street coil overs and 20" vossen CV3 replicas. I get most of my sound from the intake of course, but after I installed the high flow cats and exhaust it is super throaty!

Bigwilly

by Bigwilly » June 28th, 2016

the ATLP is definitely an exhaust you want to check out. it has a great sound without pissing off the neighbours. I've had mine for almost 3 years and still love it. in my opinion its hands down the best sounding exhaust for the V6s. here are a few sound clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5zWqhBrTIs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCc25E_nvYg