Completely Custom Exhaust on v6 coupe
Engine and performance mods to make your Accord more racekar.

HFP09_6-6

Completely Custom Exhaust on v6 coupe

by HFP09_6-6 » April 25th, 2016

So in this thread i wanted to touch in detail and also try to get some information. So I'm being super cheap and trying to keep things on a good budget friendly level. So far i have from the stock j pipe back im running 3in with a vibrant ultra quiet resonator and meets up with 3in to dual 2.5in split to obx evo r mufflers. My next step is going to be custom J pipe. I've already received a really nice 2.5in dual to 3in single y pipe off ebay for like 20$. Cheaper than having my local exhaust guy make me one. And a little bit better design. I'll be posting pics on here soon of it all. Next i'm going to probably need 2 2.5in mandrel donuts as well. So i can have some smooth 90 degree bends since my guy doesnt have a mandrel bender. Was going to try to get away with 1 but would be a poor design and not equal length runners. So i need 1 more donut just for one section of the pipe. Might go with something cheaper online because i dont need 2 donuts. Regardless i'll be using the stock mounts and running 2.5in off both and meeting up after about a foot or so into the Y pipe. I dont want too raspy of a sound and RV6 apparently is the worse at rasp. Looking at its design its runners are about 2 foot long. ATLP v2r design is what I'll be doing. But itll be straight rather than having any uneccessary bends. So does anyone have a aftermarket j pipe i could probably get some general measurements from? Also learnt that oddly enough the stock j pipe has a 2in downpipe from the front of the engine and 2.25in from the rear.. Thats odd.

HFP09_6-6

Re: Completely Custom Exhaust on v6 coupe

by HFP09_6-6 » April 27th, 2016

Here's some pictures of the current setup Yeah I'm aware it isn't mandrel bent. My guy doesn't have a mandrel bender probably going to shop and have it redone.
Attachments
received_488611717989483.jpeg